NOC Technician 2
NOC | Metairie, LA | Full Time
Uniti Fiber is a leading provider of infrastructure solutions, including cell site backhaul and small cell for wireless operators, and Ethernet, Wavelengths and Dark Fiber for telecom carriers and enterprises. Whether the challenge is improving network reach and quality, increasing capacity or maintaining cost certainty for the future, Uniti Fiber delivers a custom-designed, technology-agnostic and access-agnostic solution.
Uniti Fiber is the fiber infrastructure segment of Uniti, a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). Uniti’s common stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol: UNIT.
Position Title: NOC Technician 2
Location: Metairie, LA
Status: Full-Time Perm
Uniti Fiber HoldingsInc. ("Uniti") is searching for a Network Operations Technician 2, who will be responsible but not limited to designing, implementing, testing and maintaining both Layer 2 and Layer 3 network circuits throughout the Uniti Fiber Network
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To
- Switching gear which can also include TDM to Ethernet and GPON deliveries.
- Configuration of the gear, organizing the install, turn up including testing procedures, additional documentation, maintenance and trouble-shooting whether the circuit is Ethernet or Internet.
- The position may also require interface with the customer or integrator for each new turn up-to deal with any obstacles that surface.
- Serve asan escalation path for customer issues that filter through the Network Operations Center (NOC) in an effort to solve various customer issues both during turn-up and post-delivery of circuits.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Uniti Is Open To Candidates with Diverse Backgrounds And The Ideal Candidate Will Have
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multi task, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Need to be able to work outside of the department throughout Uniti Fiber to make sure installs are conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- Proficient in several company back office solutions to complete circuit turn ups and assist in trouble ticket work as needed.
- Need to be able to identify customer issues in assistance with the Uniti NOC in order to remedy outages night or day.
- The ability to participate in a one week On-Call rotation which will last a full week at a time including 24x7 responsibilities for all outages and any maintenance aid to other groups during this week asthey arise.
- The ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.