ISP - Telecom Technician
Operations & OSP | Daytona, FL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber is searching for an Inside Plant Technician who will be responsible for an area that you will maintain and manage.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Installing different type’s network gear at cellular sites, Central Offices, Carrier POPs, Enterprise facilities and more.
- Troubleshoot and solve issues in a timely matter.
- Login in switches and take instructions from the NOC or engineer in charge.
- Will need to work on call through the weekends and after regular duty hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Can work in multiple different fields, adapt to learning new equipment and procedures.
- Work in all types of weather conditions.
- Work consistently during the day, standing, climbing, crawling, kneeling, squatting, bending, and lifting properly approximately 50 to 78 lbs.
- You must not have any issues with breathing, extreme allergies, back problems, knee or ankle issues and be able to wear work boots with steel toe.
- Must be able to work with +24 and -48 power.
- Work independently and be on call for any issues/work in your remote area.
- Dedicated to working with the mind set of “Safety First”.
- Ability to travel and move where needed is desirable.
- Valid driver's license with a minimum of 5 years driving experience, and clean driving record.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Related work experience is a plus but not required.
- Ability to maintain a neat /clean, and professional appearance that reflects well on the Company and clients.
- All around good attitude and aptitude to learn and grow.
Not required but desired:
- Cisco certifications.
- Tower climbing certified.
- Tower climbing experience.
- Basic knowledge of networking.