Desktop Support Specialist
IT | Mobile, AL | Full Time
Uniti Fiber ("Uniti") is searching for a Desktop Support Specialist who will be responsible for providing desktop support for Uniti Group Inc. corporate and operating companies. This position requires performing a multitude of functions on a daily basis including technical support, supporting new application deployments, and delivering excellent internal customer service. The Desktop Support position serves as Uniti Group Inc first point of contact for all technical problems and is responsible for providing support for all assigned areas. The position uses technical expertise and understanding of business needs for evaluating assigned IT incidents and problem service desk tickets to appropriately prioritize and evaluate business impact. While proactively ensuring the optimal functionality of all IT resources, this position also takes ownership of internal customer system issues and works with a sense of urgency to resolve issues impacting Uniti Group Inc. technical infrastructure
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates significant technical knowledge and serves as a resource for other technicians to help solve complex IT problems.
• Possesses skills in different types of computer hardware, software, peripherals and components, networking protocols, and communications.
• Installs and images new computers and loads appropriate software for all internal requirements.
• Deploys new business applications as needed.
• Installs local and network printers and other peripherals.
• Leads the process for user data and migration of profiles as computers are replaced.
• Uses extensive knowledge to develop and implement information technology solutions to enhance organizational success.
• Maintains user file server data storage, network reservations, data restores, and various account creations and modifications.
• Leads, directs, and trains all Uniti Group Inc staff on technical security policies, as well as security issues directly affecting the systems and technology encompassing our IT infrastructure.
• Manages the requirements of the IT security and protects data from unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or usage in a manner inconsistent with covered IT policies and standards.
• Maintains efficient communication with outside vendors as needed (payroll software updates and requirements).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates seeking to join Uniti are motivated individuals with exceptional organizational skills, an ability to multitask, attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and ample self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Uniti is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds and the ideal candidate will have:
• Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in help desk support.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience for setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software.
• Knowledge of IP networking and related services.
• Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration.
• Experience supporting a variety of WiFi-enabled devices.
• Experience supporting remote users.
• Ability to lift/carry 35lbs required.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus.