National Team Tennis Coach
Competition | Beaverton, OR | Contract
Job Title: National Team Tennis Coach
Reports to: Junior Competition Coordinator
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to be involved in an innovative, entrepreneurial, well-established and well-known organization? Are you a leader who loves to work with youth and provide excellent customer service? Then this position might just be in your court!
The Pacific Northwest Section of the US Tennis Association (USTA PNW) is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization looking for Junior Team Coaches for the Zone Team Championships, Intersectional Team Championships, and 18’s National Team Championships. All applications should be submitted no later than April 15, 2018 to be considered.
Pacific North-westerners encouraged to apply!
- Ensures player safety
- Coordinates practices at event
- Secures practice courts and communicate to players and chaperone (when applicable)
- Coordinates schedule and agenda of event
- Assists in transporting players (when applicable)
- Coordinates and communicates player uniforms for matches
- Communicates with parents before, during, and after event
- Provides positive energy, enthusiasm and coaching before, during and after event
- Provides daily updates and photographs to local section office
- Demonstrates and oversees sportsmanship standards set forth by USTA/PNW
- Other Duties Assigned
Experience Required: Net Generation Provider. To become a NetGen provider click here: https://netgeneration.usta.com/
- Graduate of USTA High Performance Coaches Program
- Master Pro or Pro of USPTA or PTR or Active College Coach
- Previous ITA Coaching Experience
- Graduate of USTA Sports Science Level II
- Active in USTA or PTR continued education programs
- Actively involved as instructor/coach for sectional-competing juniors
- Preferred Smartphone access and internet capability
- Must be able to pass background check and Motor Vehicle Check
- Must be over 18 years of age
This position reports directly to the Junior Competition Coordinator. This position will also require frequent contact with other USTA/PNW staff.
This position requires extensive cooperation with parents, clubs, participants and coaches
Travel to events through the country will be required and applicants must be available to travel the event dates as well as day before and day after. See travel schedule below:
Intersectional (June 30-July 4)
- Boys and Girls 14U: Auburn, AL
- Boys and Girls 16U: Shreveport, LA
Zonals (July 26-July 30)
- Boys and Girls 12U: Tucson, AZ
- Boys and Girls 14U: Stockton, CA
- Boys and Girls 16U: Dallas, TX
18 Nationals (July 28-August 1)
- Boys 18U: Urbana, Ill
- Girls 18U: Claremont, CA
- Daily honorarium of $150/day
- Additional payment by the USTA/PNW shall include agreed upon costs and expenses incurred by the Team Coach in performing the Services. Applicants must have a valid credit/debit card as reimbursements will only be made after completing all services. All reimbursements must be accompanied by a valid receipt.
- The Junior Team Coach will be considered an independent contractor and shall be responsible for payment of all taxes and shall be provided no coverage for insurance.
Please reference what dates and locations you are interested in (Top 3 choices) and are available in Cover Letter.