Marketing Department | Beaverton, OR | Temporary
Are you looking to get hands-on marketing experience with a well known 501c3 nonprofit organization? The United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest (USTA PNW) is looking for a Marketing assistant for a 6 month contract to work and assist the marketing team. The Marketing Assistant will be working on our integrated marketing plan while gaining digital and traditional marketing experience. The USTA PNW is dedicated to promote and develop the sport of tennis throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Oregon, Washington, Alaska and parts of Idaho.
ABOUT USTA PNW
Established in 1904, USTA PNW is one of 17 sections of the USTA and provides programs and services to 24,000 members, 200 organizational members, and through its RecTennis recreational programs, more than 40,000 participants all ages, abilities, and socio-economic levels.
As part of its model to create play opportunities as well as jobs and trainings for individuals to give back through the sport of tennis locally, USTA PNW employees more than 600 full-time, part-time, and seasonal staff to focus in primary program areas including Adult Competition, Junior Competition, and RecTennis programs in public parks and schools. USTA PNW also oversees a menu of special events, championship tournaments, and platforms for individuals and teams to engage in the lifelong sport of tennis year-round.
USTA PNW expands mission-driven impact through tennis facility operations by revitalizing existing and/or expanding tennis brick and mortar infrastructure and includes operating, managing, and programming the revitalized facilities. Fundraising and development efforts are undertaken to support increased resources for scholarships and Title I schools.
People You Will Work With
- Marketing + PR Coordinator, Digital Marketing + Social Media Coordinator, Production Assistant, Visual Designer
What You’ll Be Doing
- Update program information and news on RecTennis.com, usta.com, and future facility website
- Assist with creating email marketing campaigns
- Update graphics for emails, social media and other digital assets
- Select & edit photos for websites, blogs and emails
- Engage with users on social and monitor conversations related to our brands and customer needs
- Update program details on flyer / grassroots artwork
- Create new grassroots materials as new programs are added
- Submit marketing material orders to vendor to be printed
- Track orders and work with Marketing + PR Coordinator to stay on budget and within timelines
- Event coordination assistance
- Assist production team on photo-shoots for social media content and commercial videos
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using website CMS systems such as WordPress
- Basic experience using e-mail marketing systems such as Mailchimp
- Experience in event coordination
Websites for Reference