Junior Team Tennis Coordinator
Competition | Kirkland, WA | Part Time
Position Title: Junior Team Tennis Coordinator
Reports to: Junior Competition Coordinator
Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Compensation: $12/hour beginning on May 8, 2017. This position is not benefits-eligible.
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to be involved in an innovative, entrepreneurial, well-established and well-known organization? Are you a leader who loves to work with juniors and families while providing excellent customer service? Then this position might just be in your court!
The Pacific Northwest Section of the US Tennis Association (USTA PNW) is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization located in Beaverton, Oregon. The JTT Coordinator will serve as a key member of the USTA/PNW’s Junior Competition Department and will also work closely with all tennis facilities and junior players. This position reports to the Junior Competition Coordinator.
Boundaries for coverage include Alaska, Northern Idaho, and Washington (excluding Vancouver and surrounding area).
• Create, set up, maintain and manage annual JTT leagues and schedules.
• Help run and assist with JTT sectionals.
• Communicate regularly with parents, players, providers, coaches and USTA employees about JTT in a timely manner.
• Ability to remain confidential and impartial in regards to player and team issues.
• Identify and resolve local league issues while keeping the Junior Competition Coordinator informed of decisions.
• Enforce and abide by all local, Section and National JTT Regulations.
• Assist in planning and facilitate ongoing JTT trainings and continue to develop the necessary training curriculum as required.
• Embrace the USTA mission “to promote and develop the growth of tennis” with commitment, enthusiasm, and vision.
• Assist new players in joining existing teams, or connecting players to organize new teams.
• Provide goals, objectives and metrics on a monthly basis to Junior Competition Coordinator.
• Attend staff training and meetings as directed by Junior Competition Coordinator.
• Perform data entry (which may include scores, registrations and scheduling, etc.).
• Prioritize, multi-task, show confidence, and be a quick learner.
• Actively participate on USTA National monthly conference calls.
• Hours will need to be reported on a weekly basis with a timesheet. This position will require up to 20 hours of work per week. If additional hours are needed, prior permission needs to given by the Junior Competition Coordinator.
• Additional JTT duties as assigned by Junior Competition Coordinator.
Requirements and Work Style:
• Knowledge about all USTA National JTT and Pacific Northwest Rules and Regulations.
• Knowledge of USTA Tennislink and TDM.
• Ability to work independently from a home office and clubs/facilities as needed.
• Ability and availability to act as a tournament director (as well as travel when needed).
• Prior demonstrations of organization skills and prioritizing.
• Strong interest and passion for junior tennis programs and initiatives.
• Self-starter with can-do attitude. Strong and enthusiastic team player.
• Strong administrative and data management skills with experience using MS Excel and Word.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with established club pro’s, high school coaches, park and recreation management, parents and represent the USTA PNW professionally.
• Proven sales and customer service mentality, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
• BA/BS degree earned from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.