Head Pro, Adult or Junior Tennis
Facility Operations and Services | Vancouver, WA | Full Time
Position Title: Head Pro, Adult or Junior Tennis (2 positions open)
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, entrepreneurial, nonprofit organization of an established, well-known brand? Are you motivated to give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families?
The Pacific Northwest Section of the United States Tennis Association (USTA/PNW) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization looking for a Head Pro, Adult Tennis at Vancouver Tennis Center. This position is benefits-eligible in accordance to USTA/PNW policy. This position will be reporting to the General Manager of Facility Operations and Services.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide beginner through advanced instruction relating to the techniques and strategies of tennis to members and guests to enhance broad-based Adult tennis member participation.
- Direct supervision of select Assistant Tennis Pros and work closely with Operations Manager as needed.
- Oversee and run all Adult tennis leagues and programs.
- Leading, coaching, inspiring, supporting your team and always seeking to improve best practices.
- Develop a culture of excellence in teaching, service and teamwork.
- Assist the General Manager of Facility Operations and Services in organizing and administering tournaments, exhibitions and facility social events.
- Ensure that all facility members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Partner with the GM in developing a detailed annual calendar of Adult tennis activities and applicable promotion campaigns and promote all tournaments and events.
- Attend all staff and management meetings as required.
- Conduct regular staff and management meetings.
- Maintain an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given; provide reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist the GM in organizing periodic special events at the facility in an effort to attract and retain member’s tennis interests. Encourage tennis participation by planning events to promote the sport and fellowship.
- Ascertain that all areas of the tennis facility are neat and clean at all times.
- Knowledge of pro shop products.
- Enforce all the facility rules and regulations governing the use of the facility, its equipment and other property.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Desired
- Proven and progressive experience in leading and teaching tennis.
- Preferred CPR and AED certified.
- USPTA or USPTR certified professional, at least an NTRP 4.5 or higher.
- Proven experience working with juniors and adults of all abilities in a tennis club setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with staff and customers.
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to pass a background check.
- The ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to squat and bend over regularly.
- The ability to carry out repetitive motions regularly.
- The ability to lift and carry awkward items from one location to another.
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds and visual cues (such as alarms and/or safety concerns both on and off court).
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
- The ability to work in extreme weather and indoor/outdoor conditions.
- The ability to stand for length of shift (with breaks and lunches given per policy).