Community Outreach Coordinator
Marketing Department | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to be involved in an innovative, entrepreneurial, nonprofit organization, of a well-established and well-known brand? Are you a great team player? Are you motivated to help give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families? Do you think creatively and are motivated about creating new ways to engage and excite participants?
The Pacific Northwest Section of the United States Tennis Association (USTA/PNW) is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator to bring the marketing strategy to life and to increase awareness, participation, and reach.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Community Outreach Coordinator is to connect USTA/PNW’s various brands and initiatives to local communities to help increase our presence and foster strong partnerships wherever we operate. This is to be achieved by focusing on the following tactics:
● Manage all grassroots marketing including yard signs, door hangers, on-court signage.
● Work with graphic designer to create graphics when necessary.
● Work with vendors to print and distribute all materials to RTO’s.
● Manage RTO material distribution timeline.
● Determine community events for each area and manage timeline, materials and budget.
● Manage events on site and coordinate necessary staffing to support initiatives.
● Work with RTOs to identify meaningful partnership opportunities.
● Take ownership of partnership outreach in order to develop longstanding relationships with key businesses in local communities.
● Manage new JTT events and coordinate with RTOs, Randy and Trenton to deliver exceptional community-based events in each GeoPod.
● Analyze post-event and identify what worked and didn’t work so as to continuously refine and enhance future events.
Influencer Relationship Management
● Identify key influencers to partner with and look for unique ways to pair their value with the RecTennis brand.
● Work with RTOs to key in on influencer opportunities they may be aware of
● Manage contract negotiations and deliverables.
● Find RecTennis stories to pitch to local media outlets.
● Work with local media outlets to spread awareness of RecTennis and other valuable USTA PNW efforts.
● Work with to coordinate digital support of all of your efforts.
● Plan and manage budgets accordingly.
● Maintain consistent budget tracking.
• Project Implementation: execute and prioritize multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines supporting multiple brands and partners across community and league.
• Creative Execution: direct internal and external creative resources on the execution of Branded marketing materials, which includes influencing the development of copy and content to be consistent with Brand guidelines.
• Writing Effectively: manage internal and external resources
• Budget Tracking: administer and track the marketing communications budget.
• Team Player: work closely with USTA PNW teams to develop and execute integrated marketing programs designed to support initiatives.
• Experience in developing and executing against a full marketing mix
• Understanding of both channel marketing and digital marketing best-practices; including display, SEO/SEM, social media, B2C websites, email and mobile marketing best practices.
• Experience creating and managing Email marketing campaigns. Mailchimp experience is preferred.
• Keyword research, development & analysis.
• Assist in creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing paid search campaigns. Actively test and analyze keywords, copy and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume.
REQUIREMENTS & WORK STYLE
• Very strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with a non-profit, managing multiple brands and partners a plus.
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams with a high level of commitment and persuasive influence. This is a position serving matrixes of people and partners.
• Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills. We need someone who is self-directed and able to multi-task.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, partners and senior management.
• Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on problem solving.
• Must thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment that is growth oriented, fast-paced and serves multiple brands and channels of distribution.
• Understanding of Google Analytics, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite including Photoshop, InDesign
• Experience with or ability to learn new Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Experience in Mailchimp and EventBrite a plus
• Oversees event-specific partners, contractors, and part-time seasonal employees as needed
• Reports directly to the Marketing Communications Director
• Works cooperatively with all section staff as appropriate