Assistant Tennis Pro
Facility Operations and Services | Tacoma, WA | Part Time
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, entrepreneurial, non-profit organization of an established, well-known brand? Are you motivated to give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families?
The Pacific Northwest Section of the United States Tennis Association (USTA/PNW) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization looking for Assistant Tennis Pros for the Galbraith Tennis Center. This position will be reporting to the Director of Tennis.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide tennis instruction relating to the techniques and strategies to members and guests to enhance broad-based member participation.
- Administer and enforce facility tennis policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all facility members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Attend all staff and management meetings.
- Maintain an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given; provide reports on a monthly basis.
- Promote all programs, tournaments and events.
- Work to retain and grow facility memberships.
- Ascertain that all areas of the tennis facility are neat and clean at all times.
- Enforce facility rules and regulations governing the use of the facility, its equipment and other property.
- Knowledge of equipment available at pro shop.
- Enthusiastically encourage tennis participation by planning events to promote the sport and fellowship within the facility.
Qualifications and Experience Desired
- Proven and progressive experience in leading and teaching tennis.
- USPTA or USPTR certified professional, at least an NTRP 4.0 or higher.
- CPR and AED certifications preferred.
- Proven experience working with juniors and adults of all abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with staff, members and guests.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Word and Excel.
- Work independently and collaboratively to accomplish responsibilities, goals and projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to pass a background check.
- The ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to squat and bend over regularly.
- The ability to carry out repetitive motions regularly.
- The ability to lift and carry awkward items from one location to another.
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds and visual cues (such as alarms and/or safety concerns both on and off court).
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
- The ability to work in extreme weather and indoor/outdoor conditions.
- The ability to stand for length of shift (with breaks and lunches given per policy).