USTA/PNW Office | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-time (Exempt)
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to be involved in an innovative, entrepreneurial, nonprofit organization, of a well-established and well-known brand? Are you a great team player? Are you motivated to help give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families?
The Pacific Northwest Section of the United States Tennis Association (USTA/PNW) is a 501(c)3 not-for profit organization looking for an Accounting Manager.
• Oversee daily operations of all accounting functions.
• Process day-to-day activities including accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer, member and vendor credits and collections, fixed asset records, general accounting, and operations etc.
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results and variances against budget in cooperation with cost center managers.
• Implement, document and monitor effective internal controls.
• Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Responsible for a systematic records retention program following corporate and legal guidelines.
• Assist external auditors in annual financial audits and implement their recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Engage and assist outside CPA firm in preparation of annual income tax returns
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and ensure that all federal, state and local governmental reports and/or taxes are completed and submitted as required on a timely basis.
• Coordinate financial planning and annual budget preparation.
• Provide financial outlooks and monthly financial forecasts.
• Perform cash projections to effectively manage monthly cash requirements and maximize the return on any excess cash balances (investments, sweep accounts).
• Manage operating and reserve bank accounts and banking relationships to ensure superior service at competitive pricing.
• Provide timely monthly financial reports for all operations including financial analysis and variance reporting to executive team.
• Provide financial analysis to evaluate special projects, programs, capital expenditures and products/services as requested.
• Oversee the contract process for all vendors and service providers. Ensure all service providers are engaged via contracts, follow the contract procedures, are appropriately insured and abide by the contractual terms and conditions.
• Responsible for all reporting and recordkeeping, including archiving minutes of all Board meetings and all financial documents.
• Liaise with HR department on payroll. Provide back up support for payroll processing.
• Liaise with Development department on reporting, notification letters, and properly assign funds to appropriate restricted categories.
• Ensure consistency of action and accounting policy.
• Direct or participate in special projects as requested.
• CPA or minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in accounting and/or finance.
• Experience with organizations with budget sizes in the range of $5M to $10M, strongly desired.
• Expert knowledge and experience with nonprofit, 501c3 organizations, including restricted funds, fundraising, UBIT, state-specific and activity specific tax requirements, and ongoing annual audits.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including GAAP. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product/service cost analysis.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others.
• Experience in integration of computer accounting systems.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
REQUIREMENTS & WORK STYLE:
• Very strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with a non-profit, managing multiple brands a plus.
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams with a high level of commitment
• Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills. We need someone who is self-directed and able to multi-task.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, partners and senior management.
• Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on problem solving.
• Must thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment that is growth oriented, fast-paced and serves multiple brands.
• Must be able to pass a background and Motor Vehicle Check.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Accounting Manager reports to the Chief Operating Office and will work with all departments.
• Accounting Manager will work with National staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, partners, and outside organizations.
• Works cooperatively with all section staff as appropriate.