SCCM / APP-V System Administrator #2015
Engineering | Springfield, VA | Full Time
*****Security Clearance required: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph*****
As a System Administrator utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Application Virtualization (APP-V) for Managed Software Services Release Operations the technician will execute software Configuration Item changes on all thick/thin client workstations across the three network enclaves. The system administrator will be responsible for deploying to Production/Enterprise Entities and to ensure the success of any software or operating system deployment to these critical segments. The Release Operations team adheres to industry standards throughout the deployment cycle of notification, coordination, end point information gathering, actual deployment of the software, and the troubleshooting and resolution of any failed deployments.
• Understanding of Tier 1 & 2 System Administration.
• Ability to resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshoot software, hardware, and network issues, and address trouble tickets and service tasks associated with SCCM deployments.
• Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Understanding of how to plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through the SCCM console to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Must be able to attain DD8570 cert within 6 months.
• Self-motivated, self-directing, and aggressively communicative.
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• Must be a self-starter.
• Proven time management skills are required.
• Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is required.
• Strong written/verbal communications skills are required.
• Current IA Certification: Security + preferred. Cert must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
• Knowledge of Microsoft System Center suite
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple arears.
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services, as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Security +
• Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Skills & Tasks: Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 12 years experience, Associates -- 10 years experience, Bachelors -- 8 years experience, Masters -- 6 years experience, PhD -- 4 years experience