We seek to build a team of Desktop technicians who can perform multiple functions related to various desktop platforms, voice and video systems.
The Desktop Support technicians provides PC, telephone and video support which may include duties such as:
• Unpacking and setting up PCs
• Installing PC operating systems via scripted install packages
• Installing application software on PCs via scripted install packages
• Providing basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
• Providing initial troubleshooting and resolution for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) thin client systems
• Providing limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
• Performs all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution, including:
• Performing inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
• Performs service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS – GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
• Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
• Support network and locally attached printers
• Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets as well as provide asset data updates to the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
•Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner
•Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions
•Interface directly with the client and parallel teams, as necessary
•Expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
•Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
•Provides phone support to users in the areas of e-mail/exchange, print services, directories, standard Windows desktop applications, chat, and SharePoint
•Compiles analysis of trouble tickets to provide monthly trending reports
•Monitors status of open tickets and reporting progress at the weekly operations meeting with the customer
•Answers and addresses trouble calls from Customers and Tier I organizations
•Provide Tier I and II troubleshooting on desktop systems, software (MS Office, etc.), printer issues, Video Teleconferences, and server/network related issues as part of service desk functions
• Be Accountable
• Solve Problems
• Take Ownership
• Be Client Centric
• Be Effective
• Security +
• Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Be able to physically lift or move at least 25lbs. Be able to maneuver under desk or low crawl spaces to install/uninstall equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position.
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Skills & Tasks:
Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Individual Work / Teamwork or Leadership / Management: Leadership/ Management - Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Education/Min Years Experience: HS/GED -- 10 years experience, Associates -- 8 years experience, Bachelors -- 6 years experience, Masters -- 4 years experience, PhD -- 2 years experience