Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Want to work with driven and knowledgeable engineers using the latest technology in a friendly, open, and collaborative environment? Expand your knowledge at various levels of a modern, big-data driven, micro service stack, with plenty of room for career growth?
At Unified, we empower autonomous teams of engineers to discover creative solutions for real-world problems in the marketing and technology sectors. We take great pride in building quality software that brings joy and priceless business insight to our end-users.
We're looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to bolster our ranks! Could that be you?
What you'll do:
- Gain valuable technology experience at a rapidly growing big data company
- Take on leadership responsibilities, leading projects and promoting high-quality standards
- Work with a top-notch team of engineers and product managers using Agile development methodologies
- Design, build and iterate on novel, cutting-edge software in a young, fast-moving industry
- Share accumulated industry knowledge and mentor less experienced engineers
- Participate regularly in code reviews
- Test your creativity at Unified hack-a-thons
Who you are:
You're a senior engineer who is constantly learning and honing your skills. You love exploring complex systems to reveal possible architectural improvements. You're friendly and always willing to help others accomplish their goals, in fact, you are looking for that next opportunity that will allow you to mentor other engineers and take ownership of projects. You have strong communication skills that enable you to describe technical issues in layman's terms.
- 4+ years of professional development experience in relevant technologies
- Backend development experience with Python, Golang, or Java
- React and supporting ecosystem tech, e.g. Redux, React Router, GraphQL
- Relational databases, e.g. Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Microservice architecture design principles
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- REST API endpoint development
- Excellent communication skills, with a willingness to ask questions
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- A drive to make cool stuff and seek continual self-improvement
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, early-stage environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Nice to have:
- Working with agile methodologies
- Experience in the social media or social marketing space
- Git and Github, including Github Pull-Request workflows
- Running shell commands (OS X or Linux terminal)
- Ticketing systems, e.g. JIRA
- Amazon Web Services
- CI/CD systems, e.g. Jenkins
- Graph databases, e.g. Neo4J
- Columnar data stores, e.g. Amazon Redshift, BigQuery
- Social networks APIs, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Data pipeline and streaming tech, e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Spark
Unified is a leading provider of social advertising services and solutions powered by data and technology. Our proprietary technology is designed to change the business of social by helping brands achieve unprecedented social marketing results. Unified provides expert Managed and Professional Services super-charged by innovative operations and insights platforms, as well as cutting-edge Data Management and Audience Insights solutions. With a range of offerings, we are able to create custom solutions for our clients, tailored to their needs and goals. Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles and Atlanta, Unified has managed over $5B in social advertising data for the world’s largest brands and agencies and run more than $1B in social advertising campaigns.
For the last four years, Unified has been recognized by AdAge and Crain’s as one of the “Best Places To Work”. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.