Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
UNIFIED is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that works with some of the most exciting names in the social networking and cloud computing industries, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
UNIFIED is looking for a full-time Python Developer to join our Manhattan-based team. This position will work closely with our engineering team to make recommendations and designs for the first enterprise system for managing emerging media.
- 2-5 years of professional software development experience, with an excellent understanding of web-development principles and standards
- Back-end development skills with Python and the Django framework
- Database development with RDBMS, especially PostgreSQL
- Comprehensive understanding of Linux, especially Ubuntu\Debian
- Experience designing RESTful web services a plus
Excellent written and communication skill
Ability to work on your own as part of a distributed team
Ability to meet several times a week with our team, either in NYC or New Jersey
Experience using project and issue management systems, ideally JIRA
Experience using source control systems, ideally subversion
Experience deploying systems using the Amazon AWS platform and relevant technology (EC2, EBS, S3)
Understanding of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Development experience with one or more of these APIs a definite plus
Understanding of online advertising and associate technology, including redirection, tracking pixels and cookies a plus
Experience tuning a system for performance and scaling an application as demand increases
A team player!