Director, Business Affairs
Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Unified delivers technology and services to connect marketing data sets and optimize investments across the customer journey. Unified’s software empowers Fortune 500 companies and agencies to drive marketing success in the context of their business goals. The Unified Platform transforms fragmented marketing data into actionable intelligence and real-time activation. Unified has offices in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented, and results-driven professional for the full-time position of Counsel/Senior Counsel, Business Affairs, based in New York City. This individual will be primarily involved in negotiations, deals or contracts affecting customer service agreements, business development partnership agreements, or other business matters.
Job Description and Responsibilities
· Draft and negotiate commercial agreements and contracts, including software service agreements with technology customers.
· Work with sales, operations and business development teams on agreement enforcement and interpretation matters.
· Provide general legal counsel and guidance to the executives and sales representatives matters involving legal issues as directed by the VP of Business and Legal Affairs.
· Coordinates, confers and works with outside counsel, their respective staffs and principals, on legal and business matters concerning agreements and associated operating matters as necessary.
· Makes recommendations to management on questions of law, codes, statutes, regulations and rulings affecting sales agreements as they relate to operations of the Company.
· Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
Requirements and Skills
· JD from a well regarded law school
· Licensed to practice law in NY, or able to obtain limited admission for in-house counsel.
· Interface with individual members of sales, legal, finance and executive teams to ensure proper administration of agreements along the way from approvals to execution
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, adapt to changing conditions and execute in a complex matrixed environment
· Knowledge of general business practices, particularly in SaaS business models and working relationships with advertising agencies, marketing companies, and other technology service providers. Familiarity with finance concepts such as revenue recognition, invoicing, sales tax, etc.
· Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Demonstrate strong research and analytical skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
· Produces quality work and is accountable
· Demonstrates ability to be innovative and creative to solve problems in a strategic fashion
· Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes
· Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks
· Thinks proactively, strategically and analytically
· Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
· Ability to facilitate discussions and negotiate strong outcomes
· Strong word processing skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Office as well as Adobe Acrobat
· 3+ years of business and legal contract and negotiations experience, preferably in advertising, martech, ad tech, media, and/or software or SaaS businesses