Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
UNIFIED is a well-funded, fast-growing startup that works with some of the most exciting names in the social networking and cloud computing industries, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
UNIFIED is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team. This position will work closely with our VP of Engineering and will be responsible for providing operational database services to our organization. In this role the DBA will be responsible for owning, tracking and resolving database related issues and requests, reviewing service-related reports daily to ensure strategic solutions to recurring problems. The ideal candidate for the position will be highly motivated with a service-oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with the status of their requests by initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- 10+ years of professional experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database, performance, replication, log shipping, connectivity, security and blocking/deadblocking issues
- Performance tuning, query optimization and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, clustering and database mirroring
- Expertise in implementing operational automation
- Working knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration and statistics work, and how they can be managed effectively
- Solid familiarity with windows servers
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools, applications and scripting languages
- Strong communication, operational and project management skills
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Understanding of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc). Experience with one or more of these APIs a definite plus
- Understanding of online advertising and associate technology
- A team player!