Associate Analytics Engineer
Analytics Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
Who you are:
As an Associate Analytics Engineer you will derive insights from Unified’s massive data sets. You will be
responsible for extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing data generated by marketers on digital
advertising platforms including social. Working with the Technology, Product, Sales and Marketing teams
at Unified, you will drive the reports that enable customers to learn what works and what doesn’t in digital
and social marketing.
Candidates that will enjoy and succeed in this position will probably agree with most of these statements:
● You prefer solving problems via critical thinking rather than following a formal specification,
judging success by user acceptance and delight.
● You believe that one of the most rewarding elements of engineering is seeing the look on
someone’s face when you deliver a solution that gives them hours of their work week back.
● You are a self-starter who loves working with large scale sets of data and can handle multiple
projects at a time.
● You appreciate the benefits of a relaxed, but high-performing work environment.
● You love the Pandas Python framework and wonder how much time you wasted doing that stuff
yourself before you learned how to use it.
● You think SQL is underrated.
● You’re pretty good at Excel, but you think doing the same thing in “real” code is way better.
● You’re not a Data Scientist (yet), but you respect them, like working with them, and think that you
could possibly become one someday.
What you’ll do:
● Lead projects under the direction of the VP of the Professional Services & Analytics Engineering
● Generate reports and analytics using Python and the Pandas framework
● Build a variety of reports and visualizations to present data and generate insights from disparate
sources of data, including relational and NoSQL databases, REST APIs, and flat files.
● Assist in estimating prospective projects.
Need to have:
● Minimum of three years of Python programming (this position requires coding skills).
● Minimum of three years of data skills, including fetching, munging, cleaning, pivoting, analyzing,
aggregating, distributing, and visualizing.
● Demonstrated mastery of SQL basics and appropriate utilization of Front End and Back End SQL
● Self-starter attitude, willing to solve problems without direction while still escalating when
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering background
Nice to have:
● Familiarity calling RESTful web services, specifically digital and social APIs.
● Industry experience (advertising, media)
● Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
● Experience Utilizing Business Intelligence Tools (Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, etc.)
Unified helps marketers make informed and impactful decisions with the industry’s only business intelligence platform purposely designed for social advertising. With experience collecting and enriching over $3 billion dollars of social investment data, Unified is passionate about providing Fortune 2000 brands and agencies greater transparency into their many teams, tools and strategies. The Unified Platform and service teams are specifically built to ensure data quality, optimize investments and answer critical business questions. Unified has offices in Austin, Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
For the last four years, Unified has been recognized by AdAge and Crain’s as one of the “Best Places To Work”. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.