Analytics Engineer (Junior Data Scientist)
Implementations and Professional Services | New York, NY | Full Time
Unified brings clarity and control to social advertising investments. Our data and intelligence platform collects, connects, and enriches social advertising data, providing marketers with unprecedented ownership and transparency. It gives them access to the information and intelligence they need to make informed decisions about their social investments, reduce risk, and increase their bottom line. Our team of experts ensures data quality, optimizes investments, and helps clients succeed on all levels of social advertising—including enabling them to become experts themselves. Unified has offices in New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
For the last three years, Unified has been recognized by AdAge and Crain’s as one of the “Best Places To Work”. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.
Who you are:
As an Analytics Engineer, you will derive insights from Unifieds massive data sets. You will be responsible for extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing data generated by marketers on social platforms. Working with the Technology, Product, Sales and Marketing teams at Unified, you will drive the reports that enable customers to learn what works and what doesnt in social marketing.
Candidates that will enjoy and succeed in this position will probably agree with most of these statements:
- You prefer solving problems via critical thinking rather than following a formal specification, judging success by user acceptance and delight.
- You believe that one of the most rewarding elements of engineering is seeing the look on someones face when you deliver a solution that gives them hours of their work week back.
- You are a self-starter who loves working with large scale sets of data and can handle multiple projects at a time.
- You appreciate the benefits of a relaxed, but high-performing work environment.
- You love the Pandas Python framework and wonder how much time you wasted doing that stuff yourself before you learned how to use it.
- You think SQL is underrated.
- Youre pretty good at Excel, but you think doing the same thing in real code is way better.
- Youre not a Data Scientist (yet), but you respect them, like working with them, and think that you could possibly become one someday.
What youll do:
- Lead projects under the direction of the Team Lead of the Analytics Engineering Team
- Generate reports and analytics using Python and the Pandas framework
- Build a variety of reports and visualizations to present data and generate insights from disparate sources of data, including relational and NoSQL databases, REST APIs, and flat files.
- Assist in estimating prospective projects.
Need to have:
- Minimum of two years of Python programming (this position requires coding skills).
- Minimum of two years of data skills, including fetching, munging, cleaning, pivoting, analyzing, aggregating, distributing, and visualizing.
- Demonstrated mastery of SQL basics and appropriate utilization of Front End and Back End SQL
- Self-starter attitude, willing to solve problems without direction while still escalating when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering background
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Python web frameworks such as Django
- Familiarity calling RESTful web services, specifically social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Industry experience (advertising, media)
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills