Account Strategy Manager (LA)
Account Management | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Unified is a leading provider of social advertising services and solutions powered by data and technology. Our proprietary technology is designed to change the business of social by helping brands achieve unprecedented social marketing results. Unified provides expert Managed and Professional Services super-charged by innovative operations and insights platforms, as well as cutting-edge Data Management and Audience Insights solutions. With a range of offerings, we are able to create custom solutions for our clients, tailored to their needs and goals. Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles and Atlanta, Unified has managed over $5B in social advertising data for the world’s largest brands and agencies and run more than $1B in social advertising campaigns.
For the last four years, Unified has been recognized by AdAge and Crain’s as one of the “Best Places To Work”. For more information, visit www.Unified.com or follow @Unified on Twitter. Unified is an equal opportunity employer.
The Account Strategy Manager position, within the Account Management team, is responsible for managing and growing our top clients' business while also taking on additional team-level responsibilities. As an Account Strategy Manager, you will work closely with our top clients on strategic growth and campaign management, as well as developing your leadership and project management skills.
- Takes lead on client RFP responses in conjunction with Sales and Strategy teams - from managing external and internal communication to producing highly strategic and well thought out client deliverables
- Manages high profile or complex campaign executions - e.g. campaigns with very large budgets or complex publisher product alpha/betas
- Oversees client execution team and manages workload between supporting AMs
- Helps clients measure their advertising campaign success and ROI by preparing reporting, delivering strategic insights and recommendations that help make them smarter marketers
- Builds positive business relationships with your clients through proactive support, on-site visits, and client education/training
- Maintains an expert level understanding of publisher products, Unified products, and their use by Unified’s clients
- Lives Unified's cultural values, acts as a role model representing the high standards of performance within the Operations Group
- Serves as the first line of escalation for all assigned clients’ issues; troubleshoots issues raised by assigned Account Managers and Campaign Managers
- Builds strong relationships with Sales counterparts to align operational expertise with overall account success; acts as the bridge between Sales and Operations for the Advertising business line.
- Demonstrates superior client management skills – e.g. can explain complex subjects, guide new alpha/beta product execution, and manage multiple deadlines and partners at once
- Monitors and maintains awareness of client’s business objectives and needs ensures entire account team is delivering to meet those objectives and needs within properly set expectations and SLAs
- Works across multiple client verticals and manages Unified’s largest clients with minimal oversight and service issues
- Proactively identifies areas of our internal workflow that require process clarification, and/or new process, then assists in developing and roll-out to the AM, CM, or Revenue teams
- Prioritizes and delegates tasks or projects within a larger account team or to AMs, Account Coordinators, or offshore resources.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to AMs and clients by providing training opportunities, sharing knowledge and advice based on extensive client experiences
- Assists, as needed, with training new AMs/ACs on the team
- 3+ years account management experience in the digital advertising industry
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- Proven track record of flawless campaign execution – minimal non-tech related make goods on AMs accounts
- A positive attitude when it comes to internal relationships and clients – and stays positive in the face of adversity
- Naturally curious and always strives for improvement – mistakes are met with the desire to improve themselves, the client, and the company
- Experience with process enforcement, creation, and implementation
- Demonstrated team level leadership by facilitating team meetings or leading team training
- Strong leadership qualities, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with a focus on quality assurance, flawless execution, and scalable process improvement
- Ability to switch between different tasks efficiently – from analytics work to client presentations
- Works well and stays calm under pressure – especially being able to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities and client requests
- Strong MSFT office skills with expert level Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies, and will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.