DevOps System Engineer
Exclusive Top Jobs | Zürich, Switzerland | Full Time
Umanova is a Swiss professional services company with an innovative and future oriented approach to consulting providing outstanding conditions.
For our international customer we are looking to hire an experienced Linux & DevOps System Engineer. Mission based 100% in Zurich.
The main mission and responsibilities are to handle the business as usual operation of a System and Devops Engineer and lead the entrusted environment to the proper level of stability, agility and compliant with the global standards by:
- Providing support (L1/L2/L3) to lead application support function and the business to maintain the right service level of activity.
- Delivering project and operation for the applicative and infrastructure environments.
- Lead the entrusted environment to the global infrastructure standard by putting in place all required transformation: reinstall server, align configuration.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with the competence center based in Paris and be active inside the global database engineer and developer’s communities.
- Adopting and sharing a DevOps approach: share within the local, global and EMEA regions team (findings, code and documentation).
- Transforming the infrastructure environment to an agile IT model:
- Gain control, automate as possible by developing Rest APIs to reach a coherent Infra as Code target model.
- Dressing a capacity management planning related to Infrastructure resources and request.
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Education - IT Engineer or equivalent;
- Past experience - 3 years minimum as System administrator oriented Automation and Agile methodology.
Languages - Fluent English; German and/or French could be a nice to have.
- System administrator: Linux RedHat, Unix Solaris, Vmware virtualisation & Windows automation could be nice to have.
- DevOps: Good knowledge in Python (flask RESTPlus), Power Shell, Redis, Git, Redhat Ansible, Puppet, Nginx
- Storage / Backup: NetApp C-mode (block san, file: cifs, nfs), Networker/Datadomain could be a nice to have.
- Middleware software: Web containers (tomcat, apache, Weblogic)
- Database: Oracle, SQLServer
- Very good knowledge of network TCP/IP stack, pki ssl.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Interact with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respect and work well with others.
- Resilience: Maintain effective work behaviour when facing setbacks or pressure.
- Personal Motivation: Self-committed to work hard towards goals.
We are looking forward to your application. For further details please contact marijana.elenova at umanova.com or give us a call at +41 (0) 22 736 12 15.