Designer | Austin, TX | Full Time
Reports to: Creative Officer
Classification: Full Time
U.GG was built around taking the guesswork out of League of Legends so you can focus on playing with friends or refining your skills. The site mainly provides data-driven recommendations through analyzing hundreds of millions of matches. We service about 7 million users across 23 million monthly sessions.
U.GG is a close-knit team of 9 people who are passionate about video games and data analytics. We’re looking for engineers who have the experience and knowledge required to continue refining our product offering. Our company culture of honesty, ownership, and care is vital to us, even when we’re working remotely due to the pandemic. We hope you’ll take a moment to check out our website and drop in your application.
In your role as a visual designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, innovative and functional mobile and Web products. We want to create the most intuitive and visually appealing websites for gamers.
One of the key aspects of your role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between business, design and our customers and serving our brand’s purpose, business missions and customer needs.
As our visual designer, your responsibilities will include areas of design such as typography, iconography, color, space and texture. You will use your knowledge, expertise and skills in all these fields to help our users successfully navigate and become comfortable with our products.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers in order to create simple, easy-to-use software.
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- Interpreting storyboards to tell visual stories that support learning.
- 3+ years of professional experience in designing brand identities, grid systems, editorial layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Stats background and experience with Data Visualization.
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
- Experience with motion design.
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Well organized, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design in a short time.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the graphic design field.
- Knowledge of League of Legends a plus.