Fall Biz Dev Internship
Business Development | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
Our team recruits the world's top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 250,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to yoga to design to photography and more. After one year, we're proud to say that Udemy is already changing the lives of our students and delivering real value to our community of instructors.
We have a big vision and we’re looking for incredibly resourceful, intelligent, and hard-working individuals to help us achieve it. The role is for someone who is hungry to learn what it takes to build a big business on the Internet and is excited by the possibilities of building Udemy into an online education powerhouse.
You’ll be focused on attracting new experts to our platform from all different fields while working with our all star team.
This will involve a range of activities, including: sourcing high-quality and celebrity instructors, representing Udemy in an outward facing business development role, creating and managing content, copywriting, and much more.
The ideal candidate exhibits the following qualities:
- Hard Worker – you’re not afraid of a 12-hour day and still manage to get twice as much done in it
- Resourceful – you can get more value with less and often know how to come up with creative solutions to increase efficiency and output without decreasing quality
- A Great Writer – you can write an article for our blog or copy for the website in your sleep; it takes you 1 hour to write what others spend days on
- Excellent Communicator – your job will entail connecting with experts & celebrities and helping them as they use Udemy; we must be able to trust that you will be a great representative for the company
- Web-savvy – you love the web tech world and stay up to date on all the latest trends, memes, startups, and news. You’re constantly consuming & creating on facebook, twitter, google+, wikipedia, wordpress, tumblr, flickr, pinterest, techcrunch, foursquare, quora, and more.
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Work will be based out of our SOMA office in San Francisco. This is a full-time position with a $3,000 / month stipend for a minimum 16 week commitment, starting immediately.
You will also be provided with the following:
- An opportunity to have a big impact at an exciting, fast-moving startup that is changing the shape of education as we know it.
- A chance to dramatically develop your growth and business development skill sets as you launch your career as a future entrepreneur, social media guru, biz dev exec, or startup team member.
- An overall fun experience getting to know our fantastic team.
- A strong background from which to apply to paid roles at Udemy.
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of high-quality work (as requested).
- Assistance in an application for school credit (as requested).