Biz Dev Manager
Business Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Biz Dev Manager at Udemy
Udemy helps students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster.
Our team recruits the world's top experts, including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, celebrities, and Ivy League professors. These expert instructors have taught over 250,000 students on Udemy, helping them learn everything from programming to yoga to design to photography and more.
Udemy is backed by an incredible group of investors who previously foresaw the Internet giants YouTube, LinkedIn, Zynga, Twitter, Groupon, and Yelp. And after one year, we're proud to say that Udemy is already changing the lives of our students and delivering real value to our community of instructors - http://gigaom.com/2012/05/17/a-new-way-to-make-six-figures-on-the-web-teaching/
We have a big vision and we’re looking for incredibly resourceful, intelligent, and hard-working individuals to help us achieve it. The role is for someone who is hungry to learn what it takes to build a big business on the Internet and is excited by the possibilities of building Udemy into an online education powerhouse.
You’ll be focused on driving top line sales and revenue for Udemy.
This will involve a range of activities, including: running our large channel partnerships, building new relationships with national partners, creating and managing promotions, copywriting, and much more.
- 1-3 years of success in a business development role at a consumer facing internet start up
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong record of initiating and closing partnerships that align with strategic goals
- Amazing communication skills and a keen eye for the nuances of verbal & written communication
- B.A./B.S. with a strong academic record
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Unquestionable integrity
- Quick learner with a thirst for making decisions & driving results
- Prior relevant relationships
- A sense of urgency in closing partnerships - did we mention "hustle"; we want it; show it to us :-)
- Highly organized – able to juggle multiple relationships
- A passion for online education and consumer internet products
- A team player who is able to work effectively with multiple functions and a wide range of individuals
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time salary, equity compensation plan, and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested, please submit your resume and cover letter through jobScore.
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
GigaOm - A new way to make six figures on the Web: Teaching
Mashable - Udemy Puts Ivy-League Profs on Your Desktop For Free
TechCrunch - Crowdsourced Learning Platform Udemy Raises $3 Million From Lightbank And Others (http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/crowdsourced-academy-udemy-raises-3-million/)
CNET - Instructional portal Udemy raises $3 million
Fast Company - Udemy: A Free Online University for All
Mashable - Get a Real-Life Learning Experience in Udemy’s Virtual Classrooms (http://mashable.com/2010/05/13/udemy/)
New York Times - Online Teaching Platform Udemy Raises $1M, Still Too Cool for School (http://www.nytimes.com/external/venturebeat/2010/08/31/31venturebeat-online-teaching-platform-udemy-raises-1m-sti-76566.html?partner=rss&emc=rss)
Techcrunch - Udemy Scores $1M In Seed Funding, Aims To Democratize Online Learning (http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/31/udemy-funding/)