Broadcast Support Associate
General and Administrative | San Francisco, CA
About the Position:
All video on Twitch starts with the broadcasters, who are reaching millions of viewers. Broadcasters are responsible for delivering a clean video and audio feed into the Twitch network. You will consult with and educate our broadcasters to achieve superior QoS across the site. You will travel to important conventions, expos, and eSports tournaments to provide on-site troubleshooting and service. This position is based in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Work with a team dedicated to providing amazing customer support to our customers.
- Take over all support tasks related to the broadcast of content on Twitch, working with various encoders and production suites. As you grow, you will also cover important partnerships and large events.
- Act as the main technical point of contact for major upcoming events and test their streaming setups to ensure they are prepared to deliver an outstanding feed to Twitch.
- Stay on top of all new streaming software and hardware. Work closely with streaming technology vendors to develop the next generation of streaming software and hardware.
- Write guides to share your vast streaming knowledge with our broadcasters.
- At least 1 year of experience with one or more video game streaming channels.
- Experience with XSplit, OBS, Wirecast and Flash Media Live Encoder software.
- Track record of ability to operate in high-pressure situations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A love of live streaming and gaming.
- Relocation to beautiful San Francisco, CA.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and once a week hearty breakfasts)
- Bi-weekly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Whatever design and desktop or laptop you desire, including as many monitors as you can fit on your desk
We are the world’s largest video platform and community for gamers. More than 20 million gamers gather every month on Twitch to broadcast, watch and chat about gaming. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.