QA/Technical Support Analyst
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
This is a full-time position is based in San Francisco, CA. We will only consider applicants able to work in San Francisco.NO REMOTE APPLICANTS, PLEASE.
- Do you see someone struggling with a problem and feel the need to lend a hand?
- Do you see a bug and can't help but try to get it fixed?
- Do you love tech and try to learn something new every day?
- Do you want to work with a bunch of great people?
We want to talk to you!
Twistage is hiring a QA/Technical Support Analyst. This is a flexible full-time position, encompassing duties of both QA tester and technical support. We're looking for someone who wants to gain a deep and broad knowledge of the product and use this along with ever-expanding technical skills to make the customers happy, the product better and the team stronger.
Your first few months on the job will be a full immersion in the product. You'll learn all the features, all the options, all the moving parts. You'll become the product expert, able to spot a bug from a mile away and assist customers with one hand tied behind your back. You will be, in a word, invaluable. From there your responsibilities will expand with your expertise. Full-time QA? Full-time technical support? Maybe even web developer? We're open to whatever makes the best sense both for you and for us.
- Communicate with customers, partners, and end-users via phone and email to resolve issues related to Twistage products
- Track customer requests in online ticket tracking system
- Maintain online knowledge base
- Run and maintain server-side scripts to accomplish requests from customers, partners and end-users
- Log bugs in development issue tracking system
- Create, maintain and execute test cases and test plans
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve technical issues
- Obsession with product quality and making things better
- Exceptional communicator with people across the spectrum of technical ability
- A technical curiosity and desire to learn
- Comfortable at the Linux command line
- At least a year of experience of QA testing, technical support or both
- Able to come into the office in San Francisco (no remote applicants, please)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with PHP, Ruby/Rails, Python, Perl, Java or some other higher-order programming language (though Ruby is our favorite flavor)
- Experience with Selenium or some other testing automation framework
Please provide a cover letter, your resume in PDF format and a writing sample (URL OK) at this link: http://jobsco.re/IyYpWj
Due to the number of applications received, incomplete applications are unlikely to be considered.
PRINCIPLES ONLY, PLEASE. We do not work with recruiters (no exceptions).
Twistage is the leader in carrier-grade digital media management, delivering web, mobile, and connected TV solutions including Online Video Platform (OVP), audio and image management, cloud-based transcoding, workflow automation, and more. Already the platform of choice for many leading enterprises and digital publishers, Twistage enables organizations to drive return on existing investment and accelerate their time to market. Learn more at http://twistage.com
WORKING AT TWISTAGE:
Employees are given a lot of freedom and are expected to "own" their specific domain. We are focused on productivity, not on bureaucracy, extended design meetings, or corporate politics.
Twistage is located south of Market (SoMa) in downtown San Francisco and is accessible by Caltrain, Muni and BART.