Service Manager, Austin
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and we manage over 2,300 properties in 50+ markets including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to become the largest firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost.
We offer competitive salaries (commensurate with skills and experience) as well as stock options in our high-growth technology company.
What you'll do:
The TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TKVR) Service Manager (SM) is responsible for all TKVR services in their assigned market. The SM will manage the Field Operations (FO) and Account Management (AM) teams in their market and is ultimately responsible for the performance of those teams with the goal of maximizing (1) Guest Reviews (%>4-5 star ratings) and (2) Owner NPS and retention. In addition, the SM will also work with the revenue, listings and onboarding teams, and all other aspects of services TKVR provides to clients and customers in their market.
The SM is supported by FO and AM headquarters staff, who will provide metrics, best practices, training materials, and directional guidance for personnel within their departments.
- Joint Responsibilities: Manage FO and AM teams in each market to ensure SLA standards are met or exceeded.
- Review market and employee metrics and create goals to continually improve metrics.
- Spend 80% of time managing FO/AM functions in the market, not “doing” those roles.
- Perform 1:1 meetings weekly with local FO/AM personnel. QA FO/AM cases and coach FOs to 6 QA reviews per week. Review performance gaps. Assign training or other remediation for FO/AM with due dates for improvement that are mutually agreed. QA for FO should incl unannounced rental inspections (after FO inspection). QA for AMs will incl reviewing SF cases and call recordings. We will have a new solution called Calabrio coming online in 45 days to help with this management.
- Perform 1:1 meetings with ATX HQ staff or Regional SM regularly, as indicated.
- Perform weekly FO/AM team meeting. (2 or more staff w/o FOM).
- Ensure team is completing mandatory training and administrative tasks. This includes managing hours and approving PTO. You may be conducting the training as indicated.
- Motivate and coach team members to seek continual improvement and groom employees for advancement. Toward the company vision.
- Daily planning of FO cases and schedules. Ensure completion of maintenance cases in a timely way with timely updates to Owners.
- Play lead role in vendor acquisition and quality management.
- Act as liaison between local FO and AM teams to ensure timely and quality intradepartmental communication.
- Drive the implementation of best practices as established by ATX HQ staff.
- Communicate innovative ideas to improve TKVR services to ATX HQ staff.
- Proactively anticipate and resolve potential homeowner/guest escalations.
- Prioritize local departmental workflows to ensure timely and quality completion of all sensitive cases including homeowner and guest related issues to meet or exceed strict SLA guidelines.
- Resolve escalations from local FO and AM teams - with specific coaching to have the team solve their own problems and let you know of the outcome.
- Review NPS scores to identify and manage specific action plans to improve overall score.
- Ensure timely completion of owner quarterly reviews.
- Identify possible offboarding homeowners and work with local AMs to develop plans to retain homeowners.
- Review home owner emails to ensure that cases are made for all issues.
- Maintain already established in-market accounts.
- Work with ATX onboarding team to ensure timely and quality onboarding of TKVR homes including improve listing accuracy and additional local information.
- Spot check market kick off calls to ensure necessary information is gathered.
- QA/QC all listings to ensure they reflect accurate information.
- Work with revenue management team to ensure rates reflect the owner’s desired plan and outcome.
- Perform QA/QC on local FO and AM teams.
- Report metrics, new process changes, and issues to General Manager during weekly meeting.
- Categorize owners based on their expectations and develop a corresponding management plan to meet the homeowner’s goals.
- Review FO and AM queues to ensure cases are handled and updated in a timely manner.
What you'll bring:
- The SM’s success will be measured by determining the overall health of the market via homeowner NPS scores and market specific attrition rate + Guest Reviews % of 4-5 star ratings; then also the individual performance of their FO and AM personnel.
- 5+ years General Hotel Management of a name brand hotel
- Bachelors in hospitality or equivalent experience
- Leadership of teams of 8 or more
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Working with a world-class team to develop industry leading process and solutions
- Competitive pay, stock options, and health insurance
- PTO Plan