Senior Visual Designer
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
We’re looking for a senior level visual designer to round out our design team.You’d be the third design-hire at the company, and the first to truly focus on graphic design.
If you love design and travel — and want to work with a low-bureaucracy, high-output team of energetic professionals looking to grow a new hospitality market — then this is the place for you.
In this role, you will primarily support our Marketing team while reporting to the Director of Design. You’ll work to layout and design materials to support our marketing efforts. This includes our website and landing pages, brochures, postcards, business cards, internal signage, PPC ads, T-shirts and more. You should have the ability to work in multiple mediums including packaging design, marketing materials, digital campaigns, event tradeshows, and retail displays. You will also inherit a brand style but you will be expected to contribute to it’s evolution and eventually own our consumer-facing style guides for B2B and B2C.
In short, you will be aiding the other team members creating multi-platform visuals, striking a balance between creativity, ingenuity, and business deliverables. You must demonstrate both strong visual design skills, and communication skills, to communicate your solutions to design challenges.
We’re looking for a highly capable individual contributor who can shine by working collaboratively with other designers, and work across our marketing, product, and sales teams. You should be organized, self-driven and highly capable of delivering with minimal supervision.
If you’re a curious, collaborative designer with experience working on cohesive, visually stunning marketing channels — we’d love to speak with you. You should l have a keen interest in innovation and enjoy collaborating with product managers, engineers and other designers across our diverse array of offerings.
The Senior Visual Designers key responsibilities include:
- Create design layouts, illustrations, Digital Media to achieve business objectives.
- Be able to communicate with key team members and stakeholders
- Lead and direct projects from start to finish
- Be able to execute alongside the UX/UI team the out of box experience for products.
Required Skill Set:
- Strong portfolio of visual design, typography, layout, concept ideation and storytelling
- 4+ years of experience of delivering excellent visual design work
- References who can testify that you’re easy to work with, collaborative and productive
- Ability to deal with quick deadlines and a fast-paced, focused work environment.
- Knowledge of typography, layout, illustration, packaging design and some web experience
- Mastery of standard Design Tools (Adobe CC, Sketch etc)
- Strong familiarity and comfort with formal and informal critique / feedback sessions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Nice to have: strong network of design professionals
If you are passionate about travel and love creating innovative, elegant, customer-focused designs, we want to talk to you.
TurnKey Vacation Rentals was launched in 2013 when founders John Banczak and T.J. Clark realized that the vacation rental industry was missing what most travelers value: the fine hotel experience of reliable customer service, cleanliness, and quality in what was otherwise a unique and exciting way to travel.
"As travel and technology industry veterans, we knew technology could automate many of the tasks required to ensure a great guest experience each and every time -- tasks that we also saw caused homeowners a lot of stress. Things like secure entry for each new guest, scheduling cleaning and repairs, making sure housekeeping was done well each time, monitoring noise levels... could all be handled via existing technology that was already improving lives in other industries. What’s more, we proved that with efficient technology we could give homeowners excellent service with the assurance of a team on the ground in each market for a fraction of the industry standard of 30-50% commissions."
- John Banczak, Founder & Executive Chairman
- T.J. Clark, Founder & CEO
TurnKey is proud to call Austin, TX home. We’re backed by a world-class team of investors and a crew of 400+ talented employees who are dedicated to providing outstanding experiences for our vacation rental homeowners and their guests.
- 2,500 homes under management in 55 U.S. markets as of 2017
- 350+ employees located nationwide
- $41M in funding
- 18% industry-low commissions
- Industry-leading NPS score of 61, fall of 2017