Senior Manager of Revenue Management
Finance & Analytics | Austin, TX | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin,TX and we manage over 2,500 properties in 50+ markets including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to become the largest firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of Revenue Management Analysts that maximize revenue for thousands of unique vacation rental home owners using dynamic pricing
- “Own” revenue production for our home owner clients
- Report and own the rental revenue performance for the company
- Perform innovative data analyses to identify revenue lift opportunities and develop action plans to capture them
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, marketing and homeowner support to ensure complete understanding and satisfaction of pricing operations among clients
- Spearhead development of proprietary tools and pricing algorithms
- Design and execute price experiments
- Define business, data and system requirements to scale existing team
- Contribute to Turnkey’s thought leadership in the vacation rental industry by authoring pricing related blog articles
What you'll bring:
- An unrelenting client service and entrepreneurial mindset. You view a vacant home as a wasted opportunity.
- Ability to think deliberatively and move quickly. You know that time is money.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a broad understanding of technology, especially BI concepts and data management. You love revealing new truths from data.
- A naturally inquisitive truth seeking orientation. You ask “why?” no less than 5 times when analyzing data.
- Statistical analysis. You know the difference between Type I and Type II error.
- Strong attention to detail and constantly strive for excellence. You double check everything.
- Self-starter, works independently and accomplishes tasks with minimal supervision. You don’t require hand holding and find the tools necessary to get things done.
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to work with all functional groups within the company. You work equally well in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical field (e.g., engineering, economics, mathematics, finance, operations management, etc.). Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in pricing or revenue management in the airline or hotel industry. You now want to apply that knowledge to crack a similar, but harder nut…vacation rentals.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Working with a world-class team to develop industry leading process and solutions
- Competitive pay, stock options, and health insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy