Regional Service Manager, Austin
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and we manage over 2,300 properties in 50+ markets including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to become the largest firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost.
We offer competitive salaries (commensurate with skills and experience) as well as stock options in our high-growth technology company.
What you'll do:
The TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TKVR) Regional Service Manager (RSM) is responsible for managing all TKVR Service Managers in their region. The RSM will manage several large rental markets in order to ensure that their teams are delivering exceptional service, have proper coaching and oversight, and have a point to escalate issues. The RSM will work with Operational Support and Operational Excellence to ensure that their team is tracking to proper metrics, has proper workforce planning, and is adhering to service delivery best practices and standards. The RSM will also be responsible for working with Operations Program Management to prioritize and provide requirements for strategic initiatives and tools.
Manage a team of Service Managers across several markets to ensure:
- Review market and employee metrics and create goals to continually improve metrics.
- Spend 80% of time providing coaching and oversight of service managers, not “doing” those roles.
- Manage Service Manager performance, to ensure they have proper coaching. The RSM should ensure that the SM’s are:
- Performing QA for FO/AM cases and coach FOs to 6 QA reviews per week.
- Review performance gaps.
- Assign training or other remediation for FO/AM with due dates for improvement that are mutually agreed.
- QA for FO should include unannounced rental inspections (after FO inspection).
- QA for AMs will incl reviewing SF cases and call recordings.
- Ensure team is completing mandatory training and administrative tasks. This includes managing hours and approving PTO. You may be conducting the training as indicated.
- Motivate and coach team members to seek continual improvement and groom employees for advancement. Toward the company vision.
- Play lead role in vendor acquisition and quality management.
- Act as liaison between local FO and AM teams to ensure timely and quality intradepartmental communication.
- Drive the implementation of best practices as established by ATX HQ staff.
- Proactively anticipate and resolve potential homeowner/guest escalations.
- Prioritize local departmental workflows to ensure timely and quality completion of all sensitive cases including homeowner and guest related issues to meet or exceed strict SLA guidelines.
- Resolve escalations from local FO and AM teams - with specific coaching to have the team solve their own problems and let you know of the outcome.
- Review NPS scores to identify and manage specific action plans to improve overall score.
- Ensure timely completion of owner quarterly reviews.
- Identify possible offboarding homeowners and work with local AMs to develop plans to retain homeowners.
- Maintain already established in-market accounts.
- Work with ATX onboarding team to ensure timely and quality onboarding of TKVR homes including improve listing accuracy and additional local information.
- Spot check market kick off calls to ensure necessary information is gathered.
- QA/QC all listings to ensure they reflect accurate information.
- Work with revenue management team to ensure rates reflect the owner’s desired plan and outcome.
- Report metrics, new process changes, and issues to General Manager during weekly meeting.
- Understand and manage to homeowner’s goals.
- Review FO and AM queues to ensure cases are handled and updated in a timely manner. Ensure that market teams are properly staffed for peak seasons.
- Perform 1:1 meetings with Regional Sales Managers, Operations Support, Operational Excellence, and Operations Program Management.
- Identify vendor, process, and tool issues, determining a strategy for improvement, and working with key departments in TurnKey to execute on that strategy.
- Monitor homeowner and guest feedback to identify improvement opportunities for their region.
- Plan and deliver on change management for their region
- Performing periodic market visits to ensure the team is executing to plan.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings for the Service Region
- Hold monthly financial review with Service Managers
- Improve existing S.O.P.s and help push out improvements to the greater org.
- Identify, coach, and grow leaders from within their team.
- Build market teams in TK markets to ensure they are well staffed, understand and follow TK process, and set up for successful growth.
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years experience in an Operations/leadership role (strongly preferred)
- Experience mentoring and coaching front line managers
- Experience managing a P&L
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized, ability to track numerous tasks
- Superior analytical and forward-thinking skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize numerous tasks
- At least 5 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- 5+ years of property management experience
- 5+ years of hospitality experience
- 2+ years of managing regional teams
- Experience with business process management and improvement
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Working with a world-class team to develop industry leading process and solutions
- Competitive pay, stock options, and health insurance
- PTO Plan