Head of Housekeeping
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and we manage over 2,300 properties in 50+ markets including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to become the largest firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost.
The TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TKVR) Head of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring that housekeeping services are delivered consistently and with high quality across all our markets. This role will ensure that we have proper reporting, tools, and compliance with housekeeping best practices by all our service teams. This person will help define the reports that are needed, derive and document best practices, be responsible for defining tool requirements, and ensuring compliance to TKVR processes for housekeeping across the TKVR portfolio. The Head of Housekeeping will work with Service Managers, Field Operations Managers, and Field Operations Leads to drive towards a consistent 5 star housekeeping review for all our properties.
What you'll do:
- Define and standardize TKVR housekeeping policies across all our markets.
- Work with local teams to Identify and onboard new housekeepers in remote markets
- Work with local Field Operations personnel and analyze data to determine housekeeping needs and pricing at the market level.
- Develop, establish, and continually improve internal procedures and best practices for housekeepers
- Develop a professional online and in-person training requirement for all housekeepers
- Planning, organizing and directing market teams to ensure they are prepared for success during peak market periods.
- Communicate directly with housekeepers regarding performance and program adherence.
- Create, analyze, and report vendor metric goals from internal data.
- Define requirements for internal housekeeping tools.
- Work with market teams to ensure housekeeping vendors are properly managed.
- Develop and implement a real-time housekeeping dashboard system with escalations.
What you'll bring:
- Experience leading operational teams of 10 or more
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a large Housekeeping department is a requirement, preferably with a luxury hotel brand
- Working knowledge of property management
- 3 to 5 years experience in implementing process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized, ability to track numerous tasks
- Superior analytical and forward-thinking skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize numerous tasks
- Must be highly organized, energetic and possess the ability to get the job done
- Proven hands on management style and ability to lead through example in all areas is essential
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 15+ employees
- Experience with software based product management
- Experience in documenting and writing requirements for software developers
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Working with a world-class team to develop industry leading process and solutions
- Competitive pay, stock options, and health insurance
- PTO Plan