Field Operations Specialist-Team Lead - Charleston, SC
Operations | Charleston, SC | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin,TX and we manage over 2,300 properties in 50+ markets including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to become the largest firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at lower cost.
We offer competitive salaries and bonuses (commensurate with skills and experience) as well as stock options in our high-growth technology company.
This person will need to be a self-starter, with an extreme attention for detail, who has the aptitude for a management role once the market grows and matures. This person can do the “player” part of the job and is looking to grow in their career as coach and manager. The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and will be a great problem solver who is game to handle challenges when they appear. A reliable car is a must as the tasks related to this role predominantly occur in the vacation rentals. Past hospitality experience, light handyman/woman skills, and fluency in Spanish are a huge plus.
The Field Operations Specialist Team Lead will need to be able to respond swiftly without delay and complications when required. This position will be a varied shift that will include nights, weekends as well as on call hours. If you can’t pick up and go on an on-call evening or weekend to solve a problem when necessary then this is not the right role for you. Please only submit a resume if this applies to you.
What you'll do:
- Recruit team members as we grow
- Perform daily route optimization and set team shifts
- Resolve exceptions.
- Perform field steps needed to make a new rental ready for guests
- Perform pre-arrival inspection of properties
- Proactively identify issues and/or quality assurance concerns
- Manage details with contract services (i.e. house cleaning, plumber, electrician)
- Perform light maintenance as needed.
- Manage and perform specific on-location tasks
- Respond to ad-hoc guest or homeowner related issues and solve problems
- Stock supplies
What you'll bring:
- The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and will be a great problem solver who is game to handle challenges when they appear. A reliable car is a must as the tasks related to this role predominantly occur in the vacation rentals. Past hospitality experience, light handyman/woman skills, and fluency in Spanish are a huge plus.
- Ability to define business process and recommend improvements to solve operational issues.
- Comfort with fast-paced communications, delivery, and issue resolution.
- Superior analytical and forward-thinking skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Working with a world-class team to develop industry leading process and solutions
- Competitive salary, stock options, and health insurance
- PTO Plan