Director of Brand Marketing
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
TurnKey Vacation Rentals (TurnKeyVR.com) is a leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and we manage over 2,700 properties in 50+ markets, including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Port Aransas, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara. We are growing rapidly and our goal is to emerge as the leading provider of vacation rental property management and hospitality services.
As a Marketing Director at TurnKey, you’ll be responsible for understanding who our customers are and how TurnKey can solve their biggest vacation rental problems. Then, you’ll lead the charge on effectively positioning our brand, products, and services consistently across all touch points so we can achieve our service and revenue goals.
What you’ll do:
- Define Positioning, Segmentation, and Value Messaging: You’ll define how TurnKey is positioned to both our homeowner and guest customers. Further, you’ll develop effective value messaging for our key customer segments that will enable TurnKey to achieve our homeowner sign-up and guest booking goals.
- Drive Brand Consistency Across All Customer Touch Points: You’ll be responsible for driving brand and message consistency across the entire customer journey, including all marketing channels and key touch points.
- Manage Homeowner (B2B) Marcom: You and your team are responsible for the strategy and production of written and creative communication assets for existing or potential homeowners. This includes developing and producing website content, email copy, thought leadership/blog content, printed sales materials, direct mail creative, display advertising, social media content, local print advertising, and tradeshow/event materials.
- Manage Guest (B2C) Marcom: You and your team are responsible for the strategy and production of written and creative assets for existing or potential guests. This includes property listings, website content, emails, search advertising, social media, and in-home marketing and merchandising.
- Achieve Turnkey’s PR Goals: You’ll work with external PR resources to generate earned media for TurnKey both locally and nationally.
- Lead a Marcom Team and External Agencies: You’ll build and develop an internal team as well as hire and manage external teams and agencies needed to meet our marketing and communications goals.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of successful experience leading marketing communications strategy and teams. Experience on both sides of a marketplace (B2B and B2C) is ideal. Experience in consumer travel and/or SaaS sales preferred.
- 5+ years of successful writing and editing roles. We have a complicated business and we need to be able to get our message across. Hands-on editing and top-notch writing skills are musts.
- Successful experience in producing, testing, and measuring email content; direct mail; printed and online sales collateral; display advertising, and social media.
- Demonstrated success in content marketing and thought leadership: Producing and managing the production of articles, case studies, publishing research, white papers, and engaging website content.
- Experience achieving PR goals and working with agencies and/or the media
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively give and receive constructive feedback
- Organized and driven with the ability to prioritize initiatives and execute
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills
- Creative problem-solver who isn’t afraid to try new things
- Strong leadership and team building skills and an interest in hiring, motivating, and developing teams, freelancers, and external agencies
- Team player with a proven track record of collaborating with a variety of teams--especially sales, product, and design teams--to achieve company goals.