Content and Social Media Manager
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes content, social media marketing, and online brand reputation. You should be person eager and ready to step in and own our blog, social channels, reviews, content creation (e.g., case studies, press releases, surveys, videos, etc.) and kick-start new initiatives and ideas (e.g., co-marketing efforts, influencer programs, inbound, etc.). Most importantly, you should be excited to demonstrate how your efforts add value to the TurnKey brand, business (leads), and customers at a regular cadence.
This role will drive a cohesive content, blog, and social media strategy for both B2B (vacation rental homeowners) and B2C (vacation rental guests) audiences. You’ll be responsible for developing a comprehensive editorial calendar for long-form, blog, and social that aligns industry happenings, internal needs/requests, drives revenue, and increases brand awareness. You’ll partner with our campaigns team to level-up our current campaign tactics by developing content and distribution strategies for both broad and highly targeted audiences across multiple channels. And of course, you will lead the development of guidelines for each process and engagement for each of your owned channels and be expected to support social and online review contributors located across the US.
To be successful in this role you should have strong writing/editing skills, an appetite for staying up on industry happenings/trends, stellar communication and organizational skills, excellent process management/organizational skills, and be a data nerd from head to toe.
A strong affinity for, or experience with, the vacation rental industry, hospitality and/or travel is a giant plus.
- Support content strategy development with research and information gathering on audience challenges and needs, interactions, and asset preferences.
- Contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with keyword prioritization based on input from key stakeholders and agencies.
- Leverage industry trends, corporate brand, and solution value propositions to craft quality content.
- Create and/or manage the creation of primary and derivative assets for some or all of the following: inbound and outbound digital marketing; paid, earned, and owned channels; thought leadership and demand creation–focused content.
- Produce and/or adhere to creative briefs by working cross functionally to gather the information needed to optimize associated asset creation, performance, and measurement.
- Write and edit asset types including blog and social media copy, bylined articles, white papers, e-books, interactive web content, video scripts, case studies, brochures, survey reports, infographic copy, and demand creation copy used in emails, banners, etc.
- Collaborate with graphic and web teams to build asset visuals and interactive assets.
- Manage content lifecycle workflow for assigned content types from creation through approvals, editing, publishing/activation, measurement, curation, and maintenance.
- Provide and report on content measurement using a combination of Web analytic tools, marketing automation, content management systems, and social media management tools.
- Make recommendations for optimizing content quality, processes, and activation channel choices based on analysis.
- Develop a rich, distinguishable and consistent voice for the company via all social channels
- Achieve aggressive follower and engagement goals for the company and its ingredient brands.
- Regularly update social channels in accordance with editorial calendar; listen, monitor, engage, report and optimize.
- Help plan, budget for, and develop text, image-based and video content; help manage the resources, timelines and budgets necessary to build the content
- Source and manage talent/personalities when applicable
- Monitor and manage brand representation and reputation across the web (e.g., social, Yelp, BBB, Facebook, Google My Business, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, public relations, advertising (or other related field).
- 3-4 years of experience producing web content, as well as social marketing and channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Exposure to an B2B and B2C marketing environments.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, clients, agencies, and prospects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously while remaining organized and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in content management systems (especially WordPress) and utilize web publishing and content management systems to inventory and measure success rates to optimize.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with SEO and CRO best practices, keyword research and Web analytics tools.
- Manage a network of freelancers, external agencies and internal resources to complete the work as needed.
- EXCELLENT copywriting and editing skills, including the ability to write in different styles for different audience types and goals (i.e. demand, thought leadership).
- Ability to link content to campaign themes and goals and present plans and results to cross-functional team members, including management.
- Proven ability to raise brand awareness by growing social followers and display funnel attribution (e.g., leads, conversations).
- Nice to have: Exposure to startup companies and/or travel and tourism industry.
- Lover of working smart (e.g., leveraging apps, tools, etc.).
- Excellent writer and communicator.
- Process and documentation guru.
- High-level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Process-driven individual who relies on data to make important decisions.
- Passional for continuously optimizing for engagement and delivering measurable results.