Tools Automation Engineer, Dev/Ops
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is looking for an experienced tools and automation engineer to join our Tools Team. You have experience automating distributed systems across complex, geographically dispersed environments. You enjoy complex automation challenges and building tools for large scale environments from start to finish. You have a keen ability to work with stakeholders to understand what is needed to make their teams more productive and successful, then translate this detail into functional tools used for automation, data collection and reporting.
- Provide thought leadership in a cutting-edge, high volume Internet-scale production environment
- Help automate, tune, and improve our DevOps provisioning and management toolset and deployment technologies
- Design and develop tools to automate workflows as well as access, process, and visualize data
- Create and manage automation project schedules with the team
- Build Design and Training Documentation required for each automation project
- Identify potential issues, and work with engineering, and operations to design functional, efficient solutions
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential tool improvements
- Work with Software Development teams to improve the readiness for Operational Deployment
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering. MS Preferred.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Proficient in one or more open-source configuration management systems: Puppet, Chef, CF-Engine
- Comfortable with web development frameworks Django, Ruby on Rails or Synatra
- Experience writing Web Service APIs: REST, XML, JSON
- Comfortable with Revision Control Systems: git, Subversion
- Familiar with Map-Reduce and Data Warehousing technologies: Cassandra, HBase, Hadoop, Pig
- Familiar with one or more Database and SQL dialects: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, SQLite
- Excellent written/communication skills, and the ability to work effectively across multiple teams
- A strong work ethic, the ability to keep complex tasks organized, and an amazing attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Participates in / commits to open source projects
- Experience with document-oriented databases: CouchDB, Neo4j, Redis
- Experience with technologies like d3js, node.js, RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.