Technical Solutions Engineer/Sr. Technical Solutions Engineer
Technical Solutions Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer (TSE), you will be an integral member of our engineering team, responsible for investigating incoming product matters/escalations for successful resolution and developing customized engineering projects derived from our clients’ online-marketing requirements. Through working closely with our software engineers and product teams, you will gain a unique end-to-end perspective of the Turn product suite. Your contribution will be valuable to not only our internal users that provide class-leading service to our customers, but also help our product development team shape the future vision of our products.
There is tremendous growth and career path for this role. The technical design and diagnosis tasks you will face will be complex and will require a strong analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, cross-functional team interactive environment.
- Achieve expert level end-to-end understanding of the Turn product suite
- In-depth diagnosis of incoming technical support cases that have been escalated to tier 3; duties include deep-dive code investigations, access server logs, executing SQL queries, running map-reduce jobs
- Coordinate with engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- Develop tools to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new custom features
- Partner with clients to understand and develop customized engineering solutions per their online-marketing product and usability requirements
- Participate in design review meetings with product and engineering teams to provide feedback and insight on upcoming product plans
- Mentor and collaborate with TSEs and Customer Success teams
- 0 – 3+ years of relevant work experience; or BA/BS degree in CS, Engineering, or related field; or
- Good programming skills in Java preferred or C++/C#
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (RDBMS) and experience in generating and executing SQL. Oracle is preferred or MySQL
- Experience with Linux development environment is highly desired
- Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work
- Flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Dedicated, team oriented, creative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Ability to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience related to ad serving and on-line marketing technology an asset
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.