Technical Solutions Engineer - Hong Kong and London
Technical Solutions Engineering | Hong Kong, Hong Kong | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Singapore. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will be an integral part of our engineering team. You will be in charge of supporting our internal users and alleviate any technical issues with our system. By working closely with our software engineers, you will gain a unique perspective and expert knowledge of our platform. Your inputs will help not only our internal users provide class leading service to our customers, but also help our product development team shape the future of our products. The problem you will face as part of this role will be complex and will require an analytical, data-driven approach to problem solving.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, external-facing role which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing engineering team in Europe. Our office is in a great location in central London with easy access to the tube, good restaurants/pubs.
- Achieve expert level understanding of the Turn product suite from a technical perspective
- Provide technical support to both external and internal clients – this could include examining HTTP traffic, executing SQL queries, looking at Java code, running map-reduce jobs, etc.
- Develop tools, programs to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new features when possible
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue workarounds, and solutions
- Partner with clients to understand and develop solutions for often high-impact, high-visibility issues
- Coordinate with Engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with J2EE Application Servers (preferably Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat)
- Hands-on experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database querying, and/or distributed computing technology
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Programming experience in Java is a requirement, C++ or C# a plus.
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) strongly preferred.
Location: Hong Kong and London
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.