Technical Program Manager
Program Manager | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Technical Program Managers work within the Program Management Office (PMO), with a mission to lead and drive all projects in world class enterprise level software.
The PMO team works closely with cross functional teams such as Client Services, Business Development, Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Analysis, User Experience, Engineering (Platform, Applications, Middleware), QA, IT, and Technical Operations.
Examples of our projects include the following: customer facing development, internal back office applications, highly technical and specialized server-side development, technical operations and infrastructure build out to support our rapid growth within the US as well as international expansion.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, juggle multiple competing projects and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
We are growing the team and hiring technical program managers with various levels of technical experience. One is focus on product development technical skills and the other one is focus on technical and infrastructure operations skills. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level, area of focus and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature driven projects and programs.
- Own the overall project and deliverables. Maintain work breakdown structure, detailed implementation schedule, and project plan.
- Build and maintain a trusted, cooperative relationship with internal and external partners both for specific projects as well as being their primary interface to Engineering on an ongoing basis
- Oversee project development efforts to keep projects on schedule, on budget, and to specification.
- Run project related meetings: kick-off meeting, daily stand-up, checkpoint meetings, post-mortem / retrospectives.
- Identify dependencies and manage all intra, inter, and 3rd-party dependencies.
- Proactively manage and mitigate project risks, and maintain risk management, critical path analysis, impact assessment, and risk response plan.
- Take appropriate resolution steps, including changes in work methods, proposing alternate solutions / strategies, and revised project schedules.
- Lead technical projects and programs and translate feature into technical deliverables in a timely manner.
- Understand technical infrastructure and work with scientist in research program/projects.
- Coordinate and prepare status reports to keep stakeholders informed of project status and related issues.
- Manage change control system.
- Be an active member in the Program Management Office which includes building processes, policies, and other requests to continue to enhance the organization.
- Apply technical skills to all program and projects to improve performance, output of projects, and outcome of programs
- Manage Site reliability operations, infrastructure monitoring and alerting, data center build out
- Manage operational improvement projects, network architecture and implementation projects, IT
- Manage security projects that are related to SOX compliance, Web trust, office application and network security
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to mitigate issues
- Willingness to learn from and contribute to the Program Management Office team.
- Thorough understanding of the end to end product development life cycle, best practices, and project management methodologies including both waterfall and e (ex. Scrum)
- 5+ yrs of technical program management experience in a related industry
- Proven track record developing detailed plans for complex projects, with changing requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
- Must be able to build and foster good relationships and be able to look out for the greater good of the team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Interest in software team structure, workflow, process, tools and team dynamics to help us manage our rapid growth
- A strong operational background is required
- CS, EE or equivalent degree preferred
- PMP is a plus
- Extensive experience with agile software development methodologies
Ability to use MS Office suite (including Visio and Project), SCM (Source Control Management), BTS (bug tracking system), DMT (documentation management tools), Agile Project Management tools.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.