Systems Administrator, Microsoft Solutions
Corporate IT | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
In this key and impactful role the successful candidate will provide internally focused support across all business functions for Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and other platforms.
The team’s mission is to provide/insure high integrity and high availability internal business tools and solutions. Delivery of services will be in a systems administration capacity. The successful candidate will be supporting a high performing and collaborative set of customer groups and be a key contributor to ongoing and accelerated growth. They will be supporting MS Server 2008, MS Exchange 2010/2013 and other high impact solutions in a robust and constantly improving environment. Consistent attention to the server operation, maintenance, monitoring, mobile integration and a variety of applications support will be key. Turn has multiple offices, both domestic and global, so coordination of activities and resources across locations will be important. Because Turn is a top 4 provider of SaaS/Cloud base solutions for our external market customers this individual will have a wealth of technical expertise at their disposal, internally and externally.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Exchange - 2000+ mailboxes, 1.8M+ inbound/outbound messages per month
- AD – 15+ Domain Controllers world wide
- Offices – 15+
- End Users – 600+ users
- Data Centers – 4 world wide
- Server Rooms – 10+
- Support our Windows server environment including Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, backups, virtualization and spam solutions
- Create new user accounts in AD
- Assist in network configurations as they pertain to Turn servers
- Set up printer queues
- Assist in maintaining IT inventory tracking system and sufficient stock on hand
- Assist with new user account setup
- Work as part of the IT team to resolve Level 1 and 2 support incidents that involve server operations
- Actively monitor and update IT maintained systems
- At least 7+ years’ experience in IT systems administration with primary skills in Microsoft solutions.
- Nice to have skills in MacOS, Linux, VMWare, backup solutions (Backup Exec, Quantum), spam solutions(Barracuda), monitoring (Nagios), etc.
- Advanced understanding of:
- Microsoft Server 2008
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
- Ethernet, IP addressing, DNS
- Windows networking tools
- Windows system tools
- Windows AD tools
- Mobile device (IOS, Android) into corporate IT environments
- Network-based backup solutions
- Automated server monitoring and proactive alerting
- Experience with virtualization technologies(VMWare)
- Experience with VoIP Phone systems (ShoreTel)
- Experience with VPN and firewalls (Palo Alto Networks)
- Experience with unified communications and conferencing products(Vidyo preferred, other MS Lync, Cisco, Polycom, LifeSize OK)
Willing and able to:
- Ability to clearly document their work
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to support remote users in varying time zones
- Highly self-motivated and team oriented
- Learn quickly, work hard and enjoy
- Perform on-call remote support as required
- Work overtime/weekends as required
- Outstanding customer service, time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional) - required
- ACSA (Apple Certified System Administrator) – desired
ITIL V3 Certified – desired
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.