Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
We are looking for a member of technical staff to interface between our high-value clients and our engineering team. Reporting to the Manager of Support Engineering, this person is responsible for alleviating any client issues that are more technical in nature as well as supporting our internal Professional Services organization in a similar vein. This person is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, external-facing role which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
Turn seeks 2 qualified individuals; 1 in our Redwood City office and 1 in New York City.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the Turn product suite from a technical perspective
- Provide technical support to both external and internal clients – this could include examining HTTP traffic, executing SQL queries, looking at Java code, running map-reduce jobs and other more technically-minded operations
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work arounds, and solutions
- Partner with clients to understand and develop solutions for often high-impact, high-visibility issues
- Coordinate with Engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol including headers and response codes
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational databases is expected
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Excellent verbal and written skills that can be applied towards client communication
- Programming experience in Java, C++ or C# a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) a plus
For immediate consideration, CLICK HERE to send us your resume and cover letter. Please reference “Support Engineer” in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no agencies, please.