Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
We are looking for a member of technical staff to interface between our high-value clients and our engineering team. Reporting to the Manager of Support Engineering, this person is responsible for alleviating any client issues that are more technical in nature as well as supporting our internal Professional Services organization in a similar vein. This person is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, external-facing role which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
Turn seeks 2 qualified individuals.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the Turn product suite from a technical perspective
- Provide technical support to both external and internal clients – this could include examining HTTP traffic, executing SQL queries, looking at Java code, running map-reduce jobs and other more technically-minded operations
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work arounds, and solutions
- Partner with clients to understand and develop solutions for often high-impact, high-visibility issues
- Coordinate with Engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol including headers and response codes
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational databases is expected
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Excellent verbal and written skills that can be applied towards client communication
- Programming experience in Java, C++ or C# a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) a plus
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.