Platform Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
We are looking for a member of technical staff to interface between our high-value clients and our engineering team. Reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager, the Support Engineer is responsible for alleviating any client issues that are more technical in nature as well as supporting our internal Professional Services organization in a similar vein. This person is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, external-facing role which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the Turn product suite from a technical perspective
- Provide technical support to both external and internal clients – this could include examining HTTP traffic, executing SQL queries, looking at Java code, running map-reduce jobs and other more technically-minded operations
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work arounds, and solutions
- Partner with clients to understand and develop solutions for often high-impact, high-visibility issues
- Coordinate with Engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol including headers and response codes
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Excellent verbal and written skills that can be applied towards client communication
- Basic exposure to Java, C++ or C# a plus
- A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) a plus
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of relational databases a plus