Finance | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an energetic Staff Accountant who has the ability to scale and take on more responsibilities as the company continues to grow at a rapid pace. This person will join a hard working and dedicated team of individuals. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of accounting principles and theory, and is experienced in applying this knowledge in a corporate accounting environment.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including credit analysis, order processing, invoicing, collections, and cash application.
Follow processes by understanding systems, transaction flow, internal controls and
- Recommend and drive efficiency and effectiveness in accounting processes.
- Respond to revenue related inquiries by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly closes.
- Build strong working relationships outside the finance and accounting department including sales, account management, business development and others; US and international.
- Work closely with external auditors during quarterly and annual audits.
- Prepare and compile support for revenue and AR related matters.
- Supply timely and accurate financial information and summary reports for US and international consolidation for senior management as needed.
- Maintain and organize customer files
- Other accounting duties as required
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- 2 years general accounting experience for a high tech company; public accounting experience a plus.
- Hard working, team player
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- BA or BS in finance or accounting; Master and/or CPA a plus.
- Experienced with ERP systems; Great Plains preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial, with high degree of initiative
Location: Redwood City, CA