Sr Scientist/ Research Engineer
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking a Scientist/Senior-Scientist, Ad Selection to join our growing team.
The R&D team at Turn is building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that power billions of ad impressions every month. We are constantly innovating – creating and applying technologies in several exciting cutting-edge areas: machine learning, constrained optimization, control systems, auction theory, game theory, collaborative filtering, experimental design, and information retrieval to name a few. Our mission is to use hard data and science to make quantum leap improvements in the performance of online ads, enhance user experience, enable efficient marketplaces, and improve the overall economics of online advertising.
The Scientist/Senior-Scientist, Ad Selection will work with the rest of the team to research, invent, design, build, and maintain the next generation prediction, optimization, and analytics technology. You are a brilliant, motivated self-starter and an extremely fast learner with top notch problem solving and analytic skills. You have a deep sense of curiosity and innate desire to dig deep into terabytes of data and love to play with the innards of complex algorithms, mathematical constructs and code. Further, you are not satisfied with simply coming up with ideas or solutions to problems, but are itching to implement the solutions, and to see ideas being transformed into products that make a real difference.
- A Master’s degree or PhD degree in a closely related field (eg: computer science/engineering, optimization) from a top notch university is strongly preferred although MS degree holders with demonstrably exceptional research abilities may be considered
- Solid computing background with a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, data structures, and algorithms. Significant experience writing code is preferred. Experience writing highly scalable, low-latency, distributed systems is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning or statistical modeling, optimization, algorithms, big-data
- Excellent communication skills – ability to present and communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- Strong statistical/math/analytical abilities; Exceptional problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the advertising industry
- Knowledge of Java
- Startup experience
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.