Sr. Director of Apps Engineering & Mobile
Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Interested in what it’s like to work at Turn? Listen to what our employees have to say at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Mobile is by far the biggest initiative at Turn this year. You will be pioneering Turn’s mobile strategy directly impacting the success of our business. The Engineering Director will lead a team of top engineers developing innovative software for mobile devices, setting team priorities and product roadmaps and ensuring delivery against objectives.
- Integrate Mobile functionality into core Turn Audience and Media platforms and products.
- Work across the organization to define and deliver an innovative mobile software product strategy and roadmap
- Design and implement highly scalable, reliable, extensible and maintainable applications and platforms
- Ability to inspire and lead. Demonstrate success in shipping successful software products, leading and building teams, and devising strategies for development, deployment, and support.
- Bachelors in CS or EE, Masters preferred, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of overall software/mobile experience with 5+ years in enterprise application development
- At least 3-5+ years managing a team of 5-10 people
- Experience working with native mobile development and cloud-based services in an Agile environment; ideally 3+ years of mobile (OS agnostic) development experience.
- Strong knowledge of technologies that are core to large, high scale websites - distributed systems, cloud computing, multi-tier architectures, etc.
- Commitment to quality through best-practices including test-driven development
- Hands-on participation in functional and design doc reviews
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
Nice to have - Active consumer of mobile applications and deeply familiar with the design considerations implicit in developing for mobile.
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.