Sr. Database Administrator - Data Infrastructure
Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. For more information, visit turn.com or follow@turnplatform.
Data Infrastructure team at Turn is responsible for running very large Hadoop clusters, extremely fast changing RDBMS environments and different types of storage environments. This is an agile environment that provides opportunity to solve complex and scaling challenges.
Turn is looking for a highly skilled SQL/No-SQL expert to join our Data Infrastructure team. We are growing rapidly and need help scaling our database infrastructure. You will provide technical expertise in design, implementation and maintenance of Turn’s database systems. The Data Infrastructure team provides 24/7 oversight and support of the large-scale production database infrastructure and services that power the Turn Campaign and Audience Suite Platform. This person is a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership who can commit to driving issues to completion; someone who can adapt quickly and work with global support teams and is capable of compiling together working solutions across a broad technology stack and working with engineering teams on long-term fixes.
- Own our database infrastructure in production, working closely with engineering on database design.
- Apply in-depth database analysis to project-based work, design solutions to issues, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Strategize with fellow DBAs and other development and operations teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about database improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of the Turn Campaign and Audience platform, as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of the backup, recovery and DR strategy for the Turn Campaign and Audience Platforms
- Performance analysis and optimization of database infrastructure
- Database monitoring and capacity planning
- Perform database upgrades and security patches
- Manage SAN & NAS storage as needed for Oracle systems
- Research new database technologies and make recommendations to management
- Overall DBA experience of at least 10-15 years, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing a large database (Internet scale) in 24x7 environment.
- BS/MS in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent working experience
- Hands on administration experience in Oracle 11g, 12c and MySQL
- Experience working in production, Linux based environment
- High degree of proficiency in SQL, Python/Perl/Ruby and puppet scripts
- System administration experience is highly desired
- Must have expertise in utilities and tools like SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Import/Export, data pump, Enterprise Manager and Capacity Planner.
- Extensive knowledge in implementation of ASM, RAC and Data Guard
- Experience managing SAN and NAS storage subsystems is also good to have
- Knowledge of various hot backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN
- Experience with bigdata eco-system components like hadoop, spark, Oozie, zookeeper is a big plus
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.