Sr. Database Administrator - Data Infrastructure
1111 Technical Operations | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
Data Infrastructure team at Amobee is responsible for running very large Hadoop clusters, extremely fast changing RDBMS environments and different types of storage environments. This is an agile environment that provides opportunity to solve complex and scaling challenges.
Amobee is looking for a highly skilled SQL/No-SQL expert to join our Data Infrastructure team. We are growing rapidly and need help scaling our database infrastructure. You will provide technical expertise in design, implementation and maintenance of Amobee’s database systems. The Data Infrastructure team provides 24/7 oversight and support of the large-scale production database infrastructure and services that power the Amobee Campaign and Audience Suite Platform. This person is a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership who can commit to driving issues to completion; someone who can adapt quickly and work with global support teams and is capable of compiling together working solutions across a broad technology stack and working with engineering teams on long-term fixes.
- Own our database infrastructure in production, working closely with engineering on database design.
- Apply in-depth database analysis to project-based work, design solutions to issues, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Strategize with fellow DBAs and other development and operations teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about database improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of the Amobee Campaign and Audience platform, as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of the backup, recovery and DR strategy for the Amobee Campaign and Audience Platforms
- Performance analysis and optimization of database infrastructure
- Database monitoring and capacity planning
- Perform database upgrades and security patches
- Manage SAN & NAS storage as needed for Oracle systems
- Research new database technologies and make recommendations to management
- Overall DBA experience of at least 10-15 years, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience managing a large database (Internet scale) in 24x7 environment.
- BS/MS in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent working experience
- Hands on administration experience in Oracle 11g, 12c and MySQL
- Experience working in production, Linux based environment
- High degree of proficiency in SQL, Python/Perl/Ruby and puppet scripts
- System administration experience is highly desired
- Must have expertise in utilities and tools like SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Import/Export, data pump, Enterprise Manager and Capacity Planner.
- Extensive knowledge in implementation of ASM, RAC and Data Guard
- Experience managing SAN and NAS storage subsystems is also good to have
- Knowledge of various hot backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN
- Experience with bigdata eco-system components like hadoop, spark, Oozie, zookeeper is a big plus
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.