Sr. Application Developer - RWC
Technology Services | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking an experienced Professional Services Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and thrives in a highly-visible, externally impacting role, which includes deep product expertise, highly responsive and professional communication, and creative problem solving. By working closely with Turn core engineering team, you will gain expert knowledge of Turn’s core platform architecture and will be responsible for building custom applications on the platform in support of customers, Technology Services and Ad Operations teams. Responsibilities will include ensuring the successful configuration of Dynamic Creative Optimization campaigns and troubleshooting technical problems with live campaigns.
Ideally, this candidate will have experience working across teams, both technical and non-technical, in a project focused environment. The right candidate will be exceptionally organized with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects with rapidly altering priorities and tight deadlines.
- Collaborate with engagement managers, Ad Operations, implementation partners and internal R&D team members to create and develop bespoke solutions
- Design and develop user interfaces, business logic, data structures, test cases, and automation tool sets for customer driven requirements
- Direct working relationship with Software Development teams to share learning and improve operational workflows and deployment efficiencies
- Keep up-to-date with evolution of the client/server applications, servers, databases and deployment technologies
- Achieve expert level understanding of the Dynamic Creative product from a technical perspective
- Implement business rules logic for custom campaigns, including pre-processing and importing custom data feeds
- Coordinate with core and support engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving problems
- Own and maintain existing custom applications and operational efficiency tools
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Must be able to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate it into expected technical behavior
- Knowledge of common software development tools and UNIX/Windows operating systems
- Experience with web debugging/developer tools, source code version control systems and ability to effectively troubleshoot system problems
- Java, Spring, SQL, PIG, Hadoop, R, and XML experience is preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with dynamic creative a plus
- Understanding of the online advertising ecosystem is a plus
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.