Software Engineer, Server Development
2131 Engineering | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Amobee is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. The Amobee Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. Amobee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest communications technology companies in the world which reaches over 640 million mobile subscribers. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Amobee’s Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Amobee’s online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.
We are seeking software engineers with sharp mind and knack for writing well-designed, high performance/scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle ~200 billion daily server-to-server requests. The role involves developing and designing features and new interfaces in collaboration with internal Product Management and other development and operational Engineering teams. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature design and development. The senior members on the team will also play a key role in various architectural efforts and potentially lead complex feature design in our server platform, engage with other functional teams and external partners on end-to-end solution design as needed. It is expected that every member on the team will be hands-on with Java, even though the senior members on the team may involve less coding tasks but should expect up to 50% of time performing hands-on design and development activities.
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput multi-threaded server infrastructure components to handle large amount of requests per second
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Expand product features into new media channels (display, mobile, video, social, etc.)
- Implement new server interfaces for use by Amobee’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- 0-3 years programming Java or similar object-oriented language (Entry to Mid Level Engineers)
- 3-5+ years programming Java or similar object-oriented language (Senior Engineers)
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat) , server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Computer Science degree or equivalent. (MS/PhD preferred.)
- Knowledge of common data formats (XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.)
- Familiarity with video standards (e.g. VAST and VPAID) and online video players
Keywords: Distributed systems, high scalability, HTTP, Tomcat, Load Balancing, Java, Linux
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.