Software Engineer, Front-end - Champaign
Applications Engineering | Champaign, IL | Full Time
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Champaign, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
About the Position
Our applications engineers work closely with the Product Management and User Experience teams to help design our products. We use agile methodologies with a focus on creating an exceptional customer experience.
We’re proud of the products we build. We not only impress our clients, but even the likes of the New York Times.
At Turn, what you build has impact on millions and works to better the Internet. You’ll do this in a culture that promotes innovation, freedom, growth, and humor. You’ll work with people who are as passionate about web applications as you are, along with leading experts in distributed computing, data mining, and machine learning who build our backend platform.
We are very passionate about what we do here, and at the same time have fun doing what we love. Various company and team events and outings provide a good mix of work and play. We all need to chill out every once in a while and have fun with our fellow team members.
- Familiarity with the DOM and ECMAScript 5
- Keen sense of information architecture and visual design
- Familiarity with the MVC pattern and dependency injection
- Motivated by writing fast, scalable code with testability in mind
- Familiarity with Java, C#, or other object-oriented language
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excited by working in a fast-paced environment
- 2 or more years of experience in a production-quality web development role
- Degree in Computer Science a must have
- Working on high touch, high visibility, high performance, highly scalable enterprise applications - client facing apps involving campaign management, workflow, analytics, audience design, etc.
- Experimenting with new ways of visualizing large amounts of data
- Having a keen sense for visual design and information architecture
- Research on new web technologies
- Passionate about web based applications
Location: Champaign, Illinois; On the University of Illinois campus in the Research Park
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.