Software Architect in Test
Test Engineering | Redwood City, CA
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn’s existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is a leading company in online advertising industry, and is looking for an Architect in Test that will enjoy the fast growth together. You will be reporting to Director of Engineering in Test and become the key driver in solving technical challenges of testing Turn product. This role requires working close with developers to maximize the utilization of conventional testing tools, develop testing utilities whenever necessary, setting up optimal test environments, creating/maintaining UI/platform test automations, and optimizing the test plans that simulate the online advertising market environments where many stake holders are involved – advertiser, data provider, publisher, agencies, 3rd party ad servers, etc.
This will be a great position for anyone who want to step up from simply fulfilling due diligence of test automation and challenge the ultimate goal of providing an environment where a product is refined to the best possible quality at optimized time and resources.
- Work closely with Product Management and review the test cases. Work closely with developers to incorporate the test cases into unit tests
- Optimize the use of the testing environment and staging environment so continuously built product components are tested and monitored for stability and performance
- Orchestrate the test automation efforts in Engineering in Test team – plan to reduce redundancy in managing test cases and optimize building a concrete regression test coverage
- Choose testing tools, provide best practices, train team members, align team efforts to other parts in Engineering, and develop testing tools that will integrate all the test automation efforts.
- Continuous improvement over test coverage – review bugs reported by clients or client services, and incorporate learned lessons into test plans
- Write up all the progress in documents that will be used as working specifications as well as training materials
- Over 6 years in platform testing or development (3+ years in development preferred)
- Over 2 years in online advertising experience
- Being a hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Being able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into practical test plan
- Excellent business analysis and documentation skills
- Programming experience with Java, C++ or C#
- A degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering (MS preferred)
- Experience with Jira and source control (cvs, subversion, or git)
- Proficiency in unix shell scripts and linux environments
- Experience with API testing (soapui or a comparable tool)
- Experience with automation tool such as selenium or watir
- Load testing experience using a tool (loadui, etc)
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.