Senior Technical Writer - Redwood City
Product Management | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Turn is looking for a Senior Technical Writer based out of our Redwood City, CA office to maintain end-user contextual online help, knowledge base articles, and interactive web-based training materials for Turn’s Campaign Suite product. There might be additional work in the future as we add new functionality to the Turn Cloud Marketing Platform. Applicants should have a desire to deeply understand Turn’s web-based applications and become an expert user.
Applicants must be able to work on-site. Please be prepared to provide writing samples upon request.
- Write documentation for a diverse group of users at a variety of technical proficiency levels
- Write end-user and internal-user procedural/task-based documentation that includes, but is not limited to, user’s guides, getting started guides, best practices.
- Write end-user and internal-user knowledge base articles and self-service eLearning training materials (conceptual and procedural-based writing) that describe the functionality of Turn’s web-based applications
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Turn’s commitment to quality
- Use effective project management to meet established deadlines
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and our Training group in creating and reviewing manuals, articles, and training materials
- BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, or Computer Science. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Master's Degree in a related field is a plus.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience. With emphasis on developing and delivering tutorial and task-based end-user documentation
- Experience with the following software packages is a must:
- MadCap Flare
- Atlassian Confluence or other comparable wiki-based content management systems. Writer must have a firm grasp of wiki syntax and wiki-content organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Outstanding analytical and written communication skills
- Experience with the Agile software development methodology is a plus
- Experience with the online advertising market or direct marketing is a plus
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.